Hot swap performance question

yandaman

I was just wondering if there was any real performance difference between a hard drive (or SSD) that's in a hot swap bay verses a hard drive that's plugged right into the mobo? Just wandering because I'm going to be making a new build in the future but it's only going to have four 3.5 bays and two of those are hot swap bays.

I was just wondering if there was any real performance difference between a hard drive (or SSD) that's in a hot swap bay verses a hard drive that's plugged right into the mobo? Just wandering because I'm going to be making a new build in the future but it's only going to have four 3.5 bays and two of those are hot swap bays.

My Velociraptor benchmarks the same in the hotswap bay on my Switch 810 as it does directly plugged into the sata interface.

Ah okay, so probably no major diffrence then, or at least there's enough bandwidth with the hot swap bay that it doesn't become a limiting factor. Cheers for the help though :)

There is no difference between a normal bay and a hot-swap bay apart from the fact that you can easily remove the hard drive from the outside of the case.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<