Building PC, need advice

Go to solution Solved by dadasmithywinkle,

-snip-

I'd get a 1tb drive; they're normally only a few quid more than a 500GB.

Also, I'd get this PSU, as it's reliable and the PSU is the only thing that can kill the entire system:  http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR

Hello! I'm planing to buy a new computer, but I want too much for tight budget :D

I'll buy each part separately and I need some advices ^^""

So, there is my approximate configuration:

MOBO: ASUS H81M-R/C/SI, H81

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or ~similar

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 OC (smallest one) (or shuld I buy Gainward with reference design?)

RAM: 2x DDR3 Corsair 4GB 1600MHz CL11 or ~ similar

HDD: Toshiba 3.5'' 500GB SATA3 7200RPM 32MB (It will be enough for me. Maybe I'll buy SSD later)

PSU: QoRi Power supply ATX 550W

Cooler & fans and maybe case, because I already have 3 ._.

It's supposed to be computer for everything - Working with audio (creating music, DJ'ing,etc), video editing, gaming, programming, emulating and so on

I need to fit into 600€ and that's it. exactly 600 €. All parts will be bought from shop, not used.

And the question is: will 550W be enough for this config and also attaching later sth like SSD or Wi-fi card, etc.?

Also, this PSU is really cheap, which seems suspicious to me.. It's only 16.69€ in my country. It's OK or should I find sth better?

I highly doubt the quality of that PSU, corsair cx is waay better and costs about the same (I guess)

-snip-

Also, I'd get this PSU, as it's reliable and the PSU is the only thing that can kill the entire system:  http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-W1-0500-KR

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I would change out that power supply for a more reliable brand, and perhaps if you could I would buy an ssd first, and then buy a 1TB hard drive later. That way you wont have to deal with the trouble of having to either move or re install your windows. Plus you will probably regret getting only 500GB anyways. Other than that everything looks good. 

I highly doubt the quality of that PSU, corsair cx is waay better and costs about the same (I guess)

Nope, It costs 3x more xD

Speaking about HDD - I'm on really tight budget :( So I save wherever possible :\

Nope, It costs 3x more xD

Speaking about HDD - I have rally tight budget :( So I save wherever possible :\

Oh, ok. No worries :) 500GB is still a lot.

And welcome to the forums btw :D

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I would change out that power supply for a more reliable brand, and perhaps if you could I would buy an ssd first, and then buy a 1TB hard drive later. That way you wont have to deal with the trouble of having to either move or re install your windows. Plus you will probably regret getting only 500GB anyways. Other than that everything looks good. 

Thanks ;D

I'm using a laptop with 500(465)GB HDD  right now and there is always 150GB+ free :D

I can afford only 64 GB SSD instead of 500GB HDD, cz they're expensive as hell ._. so that's not an option ^^""""

Thanks everyone for replies, I'll search for better PSU :) 

^^ 

For a better PSU I would recommend a corsair cxm series ex. CX500M, CX600M, etc.

You will be fine with 550w for your psu, you rarely need more untill you get to really high end stuff. The things I recommend are getting an fx 6300 and using the saved money for a better psu, an ssd, a better gpu, or anything else you would want. The performance difference is null between the 6300 and the i5 for gaming, and with dx12 you may get better performance than the i5 with the fx, as it takes advantage of more cores. The performance gain (and the common sense for the psu) are more than the drop from the switch from the i5 to the fx

You will be fine with 550w for your psu, you rarely need more untill you get to really high end stuff. The things I recommend are getting an fx 6300 and using the saved money for a better psu, an ssd, a better gpu, or anything else you would want. The performance difference is null between the 6300 and the i5 for gaming, and with dx12 you may get better performance than the i5 with the fx, as it takes advantage of more cores. The performance gain (and the common sense for the psu) are more than the drop from the switch from the i5 to the fx

Hmmm... Sounds like a plan.. I'll think about that, thanks! I was not even thinking about AMD based PC, but why not? hmm

Hmmm... Sounds like a plan.. I'll think about that, thanks! I was not even thinking about AMD based PC, but why not? hmm

It really works no worse unless you want to do rendering and stuff. Gaming is so gpu based that if that the gpu is good you can run anything.

It really works no worse unless you want to do rendering and stuff. Gaming is so gpu based that if that the gpu is good you can run anything.

Yeah.. I will do video/audio renderings and will work in after effects for sure, but I think it will be OK for 1080p.