Motherboard or Case problem

thefatkid145

The LED for my power and drive activity on my Corsair air 540 case has stopped working, i have checked all of the motherboard connections and they are all fine, however my motherboard has been having problems with interference in the on board audio.

is this issue the sign of a faulty board or something else on the case.

both parts are still under warranty so replacing them is inconvenient but not impossible.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: the motherboard is an MSI gaming 7 BTW 

Do you have a old motherboard or case you could test both the case LEDs and the motherboards connections?

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

The LED for my power and drive activity on my Corsair air 540 case has stopped working, i have checked all of the motherboard connections and they are all fine, however my motherboard has been having problems with interference in the on board audio.

is this issue the sign of a faulty board or something else on the case.

both parts are still under warranty so replacing them is inconvenient but not impossible.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: the motherboard is an MSI gaming 7 BTW 

Make sure you have the polarity correct because LED's need that.

Do you have a old motherboard or case you could test both the case LEDs and the motherboards connections?

unfortunately this is the only set i have so i cant do any testing 

Make sure you have the polarity correct because LED's need that.

the light has been working since i built the PC in December and i haven't changed them since then  

i am just worried that this means that i might have a dead board, the sound issues make that seem more likely too me.

unfortunately this is the only set i have so i cant do any testing 

the light has been working since i built the PC in December and i haven't changed them since then  

Is your case directly touching the mobo? Do you have standoffs?

Maybe the LED is burnt out - If you want to get a little "dirty" you can directly attach power to the LED (make sure you use a resistor, and polarity is correct, and dont overvolt it) and see if it lights. If it doesnt your LED is burnt. 

Then attach a multimeter (assuming you have one) to the contact on the mobo and see if it is outputting any volatage. (you need to do this when the PC is on so make sure you dont short anything out). If it doesnt output any voltage your mobo is zonked.

i am just worried that this means that i might have a dead board, the sound issues make that seem more likely too me.

In that case i am thinking it is a short... Try running independant of your case and see what happens audio-wise.

In that case i am thinking it is a short... Try running independant of your case and see what happens audio-wise.

ok thanks i will see what happens when i try that

if anyone else has any other suggestions i would be happy to hear them