Questions about solar panels

Maheshvara

Depends on how many things you plan to power. You have to scale everything. A single panel could never charge up all those batteries so the consumption would be higher constantly than what the panel is capable of providing. So instead of having a charge/discharge cycle you would get slow discharge at best. :D

For the cabin I talked about we used two high capacity car batteries, we didn't need more. You gotta calculate it ahead. :D

Yeah, it needs calculating, but like i said, it would basically be 2 outlets that would always be in use.

This is international forum and this topic could be useful for other people :)

But yes its funny :D

True that :D Some people will need this help :)

Solar panels on a boat are great, because the alternative is to bring a generator with you/run outlets off the engine which is noisy and requires fuel. However, solar panels on land make very little sense when there is a cheap and convenient alternative.

Yes, my uncle is planning on putting one on his boat (to power low energy fridge and some chargers).

What other alternatives are there O.o I'm very interested in them, since, like i said, this is for saving money on electrical bill in the long run :D