Corsair K95 utility software not detecting keyboard in KeyBot USB

Go to solution Solved by Jabberwookie,

I just looked up that controller and I don't think you going to be able to get that to work unless corsair updates the firmware to work with that controller being that the board has its own controllers in it that is more then likely conflicting with it that do very similar things. That port bootstraps a controller to what ever board you put in the slot and they are def conflicting, your best bet is

step one. play around with the keyboards bios swtich and download the manual for that board and look to see if anything in it may help you

and update the firmware for corsairs board via normal USB then switch it back and see if it works

two. email corsair regarding usb controllers on the ROG mobo or just any controller that bootstraps to the exsisting functions via mobo/usb. or call/email Asus as well. (being those are very manufacturer specific items)

and alternatively you can get another board... Logitechs RGB dont really have those chips in them other then memory chips for the G keys(macro keys) and RGB lighting and maintains the extra macro keys the k95 has.

Razers Blackwidow Chroma might work but that board I had a lot of issues with... like the anti ghosting didnt work and if had no palm rest and reset a lot... but the board is fully programmable so you might have the same issues with it. def has the best rgb lighting but Orion sparks is pretty close.

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with my keyboard. My K95 has just arrived and I wanted to use my Maximus Hero VII's KeyBot function, but when I plug it into the KeyBot USB the Corsair Utility software doesn't pick up my keyboard even though my keyboard works fine in the USB port. Is there away to try and get the keyboard to work in the KeyBot port?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks   

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with my keyboard. My K95 has just arrived and I wanted to use my Maximus Hero VII's KeyBot function, but when I plug it into the KeyBot USB the Corsair Utility software doesn't pick up my keyboard even though my keyboard works fine in the USB port. Is there away to try and get the keyboard to work in the KeyBot port?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks   

That sounds like a compatibility issue... put it in regular usb and if it detected then that s what it is(I just realized you said that works so ignore what I said about switching it)... that key board has its own processors and stuff in it. you also have a switch on the back to change it to bios mode, That could also make it work if you play around with it. also try emailing corsair if none of that works.. I am not familiar with KeyBot but if its a port with a special controller that def sounds like what it could be. They might be able to tell if it might be an issue. otherwise you may have to switch to another RGB board ( I am assuming that's the feature that brought you to this board) because I think corsairs has the most hardware controllers in the board. I think that's why they but that BIOS switch on the back so id play with that.. I have the K65 so I can fit it on my lap and its a very finkey board compared to the Chroma and Orion spark ( I tried all three) The Orion Spark would be you best bet being that it really doesnt have hardware (if at all) controllers in it. and If you can get over the odd key inlays, which some people really like and the romerG switches (which I loved!!! amazing swtiches) @mteague

I just looked up that controller and I don't think you going to be able to get that to work unless corsair updates the firmware to work with that controller being that the board has its own controllers in it that is more then likely conflicting with it that do very similar things. That port bootstraps a controller to what ever board you put in the slot and they are def conflicting, your best bet is

step one. play around with the keyboards bios swtich and download the manual for that board and look to see if anything in it may help you

and update the firmware for corsairs board via normal USB then switch it back and see if it works

two. email corsair regarding usb controllers on the ROG mobo or just any controller that bootstraps to the exsisting functions via mobo/usb. or call/email Asus as well. (being those are very manufacturer specific items)

and alternatively you can get another board... Logitechs RGB dont really have those chips in them other then memory chips for the G keys(macro keys) and RGB lighting and maintains the extra macro keys the k95 has.

Razers Blackwidow Chroma might work but that board I had a lot of issues with... like the anti ghosting didnt work and if had no palm rest and reset a lot... but the board is fully programmable so you might have the same issues with it. def has the best rgb lighting but Orion sparks is pretty close.

%

Thanks for your replies and looking into this for me. Ahhh thats a shame about the conflict with the K95 and KeyBot. I shall though give your suggestions a try but I really like the keyboard so I don't think I'll change it just to use KeyBot. Thanks again =D

Thanks for your replies and looking into this for me. Ahhh thats a shame about the conflict with the K95 and KeyBot. I shall though give your suggestions a try but I really like the keyboard so I don't think I'll change it just to use KeyBot. Thanks again =D

yes the Kseries from corsair is a really great keyboard, hence why I have mine even though red mx switchs arnt my favorite. and it doesnt feel as cheap as the other two, I really felt I got my money worth from this board, definitely a good choice. also that is a really really nice mobo even with out having that function. Atleast you have it for when you ever you may have to use a keyboard that is more basic.