help?

ChrisTheHunt

gaming desktop for me i want to get

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($66.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Corsair Force LS 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($45.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($204.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (32/64-bit)  (Purchased For $0.00)
Monitor: AOC E2460SD 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($147.27 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $0.00)
Mouse: Mionix NAOS 7000 Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased For $0.00)
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset  (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $1096.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-27 02:44 EST-0500

The 750w PSU is a bit much and you maybe be able to save some money by not going modular and get a better graphics cards with the money saved

other than that corsiar ssd its pretty damn good. 

crucial mx100 is a good replacement.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

If this is purely a gaming build, I don't see anything wrong with that. You have my blessing. May your temperature be low and your frame rates high.

(Disclaimer: Don't expect to be running triple monitors at 4K with one 2GB graphics card.  :P )

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

The 750w PSU is a bit much and you maybe be able to save some money by not going modular and get a better graphics cards with the money saved

i want to upgrade in the future to sli 960 when dx12 comes out so i will actually get 4gb of ram and better performance i will wait till then

If this is purely a gaming build, I don't see anything wrong with that. You have my blessing. May your temperature be low and your frame rates high.

(Disclaimer: Don't expect to be running triple monitors at 4K with one 2GB graphics card.  :P )

well i just play csgo i want to try gta v when it comes out and some minecraft in the future

Definitely go for a 970 over that 960 :) plus that PSU is a bit overkill

i want to upgrade in the future to sli 960 when dx12 comes out so i will actually get 4gb of ram and better performance i will wait till then

Running two 2GB cards in SLI doesn't actually give you 4GB of VRAM. It still operates like a 2GB GC system, the GPUs are just able to crank out the frames faster to make sure that the buffer is always full and that the system is never waiting for frames to be generated.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Running two 2GB cards in SLI doesn't actually give you 4GB of VRAM. It still operates like a 2GB GC system, the GPUs are just able to crank out the frames faster to make sure that the buffer is always full and that the system is never waiting for frames to be generated.

DX12 presumably will stack VRAM :)

DX12 presumably will stack VRAM :)

"Presumably". I'll believe it when I see it.

END OF LINE

"Presumably". I'll believe it when I see it.

True :) if it does, then my 970s will be happy :D

but thats what alot of people said dx12 was going to do?

but thats what alot of people said dx12 was going to do?

"People said". Until there is an official statement from Microsoft stating that they have tested DX12 and have verifiable and repeatable proof that it actually can stack VRAM, I will remain a skeptic. I always keep an open mind to evidence and would readily welcome proof in favor.

END OF LINE