Do I need new thermal paste

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I was building my first computer and the h100i radiator was prooving difficult to install. I never turned the system on or used it yet but while assembling i needed to take the "heatsink" (cant think of the word) off and put it right back on because for it to fit I needed to move it, so would i need to put new thermal paste on or am I good

Ideally you replace it everytime when you remove the block to ensure no air pockets in the thermal paste but it's ok to run it temporarily until you get new thermal paste.

I was building my first computer and the h100i radiator was prooving difficult to install. I never turned the system on or used it yet but while assembling i needed to take the "heatsink" (cant think of the word) off and put it right back on because for it to fit I needed to move it, so would i need to put new thermal paste on or am I good

Ideally you replace it everytime when you remove the block to ensure no air pockets in the thermal paste but it's ok to run it temporarily until you get new thermal paste.

I had to do the same with my H105, because first it didn't fit properly. And now I've temps at idle of like 22°C. Often it's fine, just check temperatures and if they're to high, you can still replace the thermal paste.

Ok I was going to replace it anyway because I read about the air bubbles was just not sure how in a rush it needed to be thank you

I had to do the same with my H105, because first it didn't fit properly. And now I've temps at idle of like 22°C. Often it's fine, just check temperatures and if they're to high, you can still replace the thermal paste.

yea the cpu power connector on the mobo got in the way of the fans so i had to move the radiator up a little more now its makeshifted in the case and i can just check temps in the bios right

Best to use real temp gt. after you get it going.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

it isn't that critical to replace the TIM. sure it might have air pockets, but if have

no TIM to replace it with, don't fret, just re secure and on with life.