GPU and CPU gaming questions

athrun5

I got a old 2009 cpu aka intel pentium dual core E5400 2.7ghz and I got a newer but about 2 years or less EVGA 1gb 650 ti boost SC. 

My question is how do I find out how much my gpu is being bottlenecked? I am assuming by software, another question is do all games suffer from the same amount as other games do with the same setup in terms of the bottleneck?

Like for example, I can run tomb raider 2013 at basically max everything but I can't use more then 33% of my GPU while everything in my CPU is maxed.

Would other games only use 33% of my card or is that just for tomb raider?

Please note for off topic questions like upgrade your system dude, I won't respond to because I do see these things in places and thats not what I am asking. 

Thank you.

I got a old 2009 cpu aka intel pentium dual core E5400 2.7ghz and I got a newer but about 2 years or less EVGA 1gb 650 ti boost SC. 

My question is how do I find out how much my gpu is being bottlenecked? I am assuming by software, another question is do all games suffer from the same amount as other games do with the same setup in terms of the bottleneck?

Like for example, I can run tomb raider 2013 at basically max everything but I can't use more then 33% of my GPU while everything in my CPU is maxed.

Would other games only use 33% of my card or is that just for tomb raider?

Please note for off topic questions like upgrade your system dude, I won't respond to because I do see these things in places and thats not what I am asking. 

Thank you.

You will know if your FPS is considerably lower than any other person with a 1gb 650ti boost sc.

Well I already know its bottlenecked I just want to know by how much exactly or if its the same for every game or if its different for each game.

Look at one of the numerous site with 650 ti boost 1GB benchmarks, making sure the benchmarks are for exactly that configuration and that card. If your performance is significantly lower, then you are being bottlenecked by the CPU.

No, Bottlenecking is not an across the board scenario. Some games may be bottlenecked, some may not, but all by different amounts.

"We are not defined by the lives we are forced to live, but by the choices we are free to make"