Sea Monster

ChrisTheHunt

so my dad told me that i could get a new pc and this is what i came up with i have a very ocd metality as you can tell and i plan on removing all hyperx branding on the cloud 2 i will create a custom corsair patch and iron it on or velcro it on i think this build will look very nice i cant wait to get my sit and stand desk so excited what should i name my set up any tips? thanks

[PCPartPicker part list]http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QYdsxr) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QYdsxr/by_merchant/)(

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: EVGA 111-HR-E972-KR Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($66.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($369.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($102.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer G246HLAbd 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($236.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $149.99)
Mouse: Mionix NAOS 7000 Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased For $54.90)
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Other: CableMod E-Series G2 / P2 Cable Kit - BLACK / BLUE ($89.95)
Other: ERGOTRON Crossbar for Flat Panel Display / DUAL MONITOR & HANDLE KIT / 97-783 / (Purchased For $100.11)
Other: Ergotron WorkFit Floor Mat (97-620-060) (Purchased For $180.99)
Other: Ergotron WorkFit-D, Sit-Stand Desk (light grey) (Purchased For $676.70)
Other: Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-73Y5 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4 GB GDDR5 15.6" Windows 8.1 (Purchased For $999.00)
Total (Not Yet Purchased): $1786.78

Total (Purchased): $2161.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-21 19:40 EST-0500

Not sure about a Corsir SSD, but the rest is great. EVGA is a great Mobo company.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Tis fine

-SNIP-

Everything in this build seems well rounded and nothing that stands out really as in needs to be changed.

Not sure about a Corsir SSD, but the rest is great. EVGA is a great Mobo company.

The Corsair SSD is pretty standard SSD nothing too special and will work well.

Edited by W-L

Switch the SSD for a 850 evo and drop the PSU down a bit, gtx 970 won't use that much power.

^This

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Switch the SSD for a 850 evo and drop the PSU down a bit, gtx 970 won't use that much power.

^This

@ChrisTheHunt I third that.   And see if you can work in at least a 250GB SSD.  In a few month's time you're going to hate a 120.   

120GB = 111GiB.  Factor in Windows.  Factor in your necessary and favorite programs/utilities, all the rest of the overhead that comes with using Windows, and the obligatory bit of free space that Windows will want for smooth operation.  Bleh.  You'll want a larger boot drive.  

Tis fine

so you think the hyper cloud 2 making them into corsair branding will work?

so you think the hyper cloud 2 making them into corsair branding will work?

Sure.

@ChrisTheHunt I third that.   And see if you can work in at least a 250GB SSD.  In a few month's time you're going to hate a 120.   

120GB = 111GiB.  Factor in Windows.  Factor in your necessary and favorite programs/utilities, all the rest of the overhead that comes with using Windows, and the obligatory bit of free space that Windows will want for smooth operation.  Bleh.  You'll want a larger boot drive.  

i only play csgo and minecraft mainly when i get this computer i might get a few other games but not much i think the hard drvie is sufficent for what im doing with it

i only play csgo and minecraft mainly when i get this computer i might get a few other games but not much i think the hard drvie is sufficent for what im doing with it

Good luck.