pc>router>router>printer.

BurgerBum

so. 

allow me to explain my issue. 

i have a PDF i need to print. 

im in one room. with router_2 which i have run through to the office into router_1 

i plugged router_1 and my printer together. on slot 3 of the router.

my pc wont recognize the printer and i need to know how to get it to. :'c

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

so. 

allow me to explain my issue. 

i have a PDF i need to print. 

im in one room. with router_2 which i have run through to the office into router_1 

i plugged router_1 and my printer together. on slot 3 of the router.

my pc wont recognize the printer and i need to know how to get it to. :'c

I think you have to manually connect your Printer to the router....is it wireless ?  Also do you have the drivers for the printer on your computer ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I think you have to manually connect your Printer to the router....is it wireless ?  Also do you have the drivers for the printer on your computer ?

yes. but my mom threw away the disk last month saying ''i dont want viruses jumping form this to my computer'' (i know. im just as facedeskish as you are) so thats that.......

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

yes. but my mom threw away the disk last month saying ''i dont want viruses jumping form this to my computer'' (i know. im just as facedeskish as you are) so thats that.......

Most printers have online drivers from the manufacturer...try searching up the brand name and model

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

downloading driver software thingy now.

hp officejet 4500 btw

-Jim Hensen

downloading driver software thingy now.

hp officejet 4500 btw

Honestly it might have something to do with how the routers are connected. Are you using the internet ports on the router in-between them or a regular switch port?

Honestly it might have something to do with how the routers are connected. Are you using the internet ports on the router in-between them or a regular switch port?

out port 2 on raouter_1  into in port_0 on router_2

-Jim Hensen

Can you post the make and model of your two routers. So we can help walk you thru setting it up. Also check the internal ip of the printer and pc on the second router, I think maybe you have both configured as routers and are on "different" networks.

i resolved the issue. :) no more need to worry. :D 

i just take my laptop over to the printer now. its a hassle but i can live with it.

it turns out the way out network is setup. (and also the ONLY way it works) doesnt allow me to print through router_1

-Jim Hensen

That can be fixed so it isn't inconvenient. I have a real similar network in my house. So this is what it looks like? By out port 2 and in port 0, do you mean the 2nd router doesn't have anything plugged into what would normally be marked internet and hooks up to the modem?

post-165866-0-47449400-1424470975.png

i resolved the issue. :) no more need to worry. :D

i just take my laptop over to the printer now. its a hassle but i can live with it.

it turns out the way out network is setup. (and also the ONLY way it works) doesnt allow me to print through router_1

That's cool but you could also have other issues if your network is setup the way that I think you have it set up. Your router 2 might be in router mode and issuing its own IPs thus not allowing you to see any devices connected to router 1. If you're ever so inclined to try to make it work, let us know. We're here to help.

That can be fixed so it isn't inconvenient. I have a real similar network in my house. So this is what it looks like? By out port 2 and in port 0, do you mean the 2nd router doesn't have anything plugged into what would normally be marked internet and hooks up to the modem?

attachicon.gifnetwork.png

that photo is literally the setup i have. 

i'll get back to this in a bit. i ned to finnish some math homework. 

*keeps tab open for later in the sea of tabs, (easily 40+ i need a bigger screen... x'D ) 

-Jim Hensen

Ok, so to avoid too much hassle I want to try the easy way first. 

The easy way is to go into the settings of either the router or the printer to find its IPv4 address. Should be a 192.168.X.XXX number. 

While doing this I highly recommend setting the printer up as a static IP because it will make it much easier on you for future printing issues. 

Basically what we are going to do is write down the printer's IPv4 address (in my case it is 192.168.1.72). You will then navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers. Now I am using Windows 8.1 so hopefully the layout is the same on your operating system. At the top click add printer, it will most likely fail to find the HP, mine has an option saying "The printer that I want isn't listed." which we will click, click the radial button for "Add a printer using TCP/IP or hostname". For "hostname or IP address" we will give it the IPv4 from earlier. For me it copied the IPv4 to the port name which I let it do and clicked next. Now make sure the printer is on then click next, Windows will contact it and ask you to select a driver. If you have the HP drivers installed then just use the default / them. Lastly you'll need to give it a name and be asked to share. 

Now you should be all set to print a page from Chrome / where ever. Just make sure Chrome is using the newly made printer as default. 

you probably need to put one of the routers in switch/ap mode so it's not routing and it's all one network. the problem is that two routers are creating two separate networks.

EDIT: so.. take the router that is plugged into the 'main' outer and edit settings so that it acts as a SWITCH+AP only. google around for your specific model.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

._. 

ohky...

-Jim Hensen