no video output.

Go to solution Solved by LabRat,

It might be that the BIOS on the board won't support that new a cpu..??

this site really blows for adding links to posts. google your board. go to support and then look for cpu support list. it says it does support that cpu but with the newest BIOS........

Hello friends! The build is as follows.

Athlon 860k

Asus a58m-a/usb3

8g crucial balisstix sport

Thernatake 600watt psu

GTX560ti

I'm not getting any video output. I know it's not an apu and can't use the onboard video. I've also tried with an R5 220. My first thought was bad ram??? I'm just trying to get to the bios. no OS installed yet.

I have a friend coming by later with more ram to test it. It's so frusturating getting all of these new parts in and not being able to use them.

go into the bios and make it point to your card, not to the on board graphics............. by the way, you do have the monitor plugged into your graphics card?

don't worry about only having one stick of ram. it's plenty. don't fall into the "dual channel" myth.

I can't get into the bios. There's no video at all. I've tried both outputs.

pull the graphics card fgrom the machine. hook monitor to motherboard. boot. what happens?

Fans just start spinning. No video. There is no integrated graphics with this chip. The ports are just there because this socket also supports APU's

sorry, my bad. check that you have power to the board-------- 20/24pin---------- 4/8pin---------  and power to the graphics card ( 6pin connector ). and make sure they are all seated firmly.

Fans just start spinning. No video. There is no integrated graphics with this chip. The ports are just there because this socket also supports APU's

All plugs are seated. tried different ram and cpu also.... Worried it could be a bad mobo

this site really blows for adding links to posts. google your board. go to support and then look for cpu support list. it says it does support that cpu but with the newest BIOS........

and i cant update the bios i guess with this cpu installed.....

that's correct. machine needs to be able to boot to do it. any chance of buying ( returning ) the cpu?

or puchasing a MB that will support that cpu out of the box?

another thing you might try......... contact ASUS. see if they can flash the BIOS for you.. ??

or got to a computer shop. maybe they will drop in a "lesser" cpu and do the flash. any competent "techy" can do it in less than an half hour.

Man you guys won't believe this but I found an A10 6700 in my box o' parts. It had a lot of bent PINS but I decided to try to fix it. In the process I lost 4 PINS but I hooked it up and it works!!!!! I'm going to use this and get that bios updated!!!!!

All is working now! The latest Bios update added support for the athlon 860k! Thanks!