gtx 280 or more updated card im very confused

Toilet Sock

my friend plays all the games i like with a gtx 250 so i thought it might be an ok choice to get a 280, please help

660ti and 7870 te are really good for the amount of money. Pretty much any cards that are part of the current/last generation is a much better option. Just don't go below $120 for a card unless its a higher end card on some ridiculous fire sale.

the reason im saying such a cheap card is because im only 14 and dont have much money at all that seemed like a a pretty good price for what i need and the 7860 and 660 ti are way out of my price range

What is your budget? Once we know that we can narrow down a few good cards for you.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

This radeon 7770 ghz edition is only 99, but its out of stock now. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125416

otherwise any other 7750 is pretty good. This one looks like the best http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125453

• CPU: Intel Core i3 3220

• GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570

Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H

RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430watt

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Could you post your system information? Since usually graphics cards for under 100 MSRP are worthless against something like a integrated graphics component like the Intel HD 4000 or for the more budget oriented builder, an AMD APU.

I would recommend saving up for a bit and getting integrated graphics rather than going for a 100+- graphics card.

You could try looking second hand for an older card. Much better value than anything you could afford new.

7770 new card is good for that budget, or indeed search ebay and find the best you can get, my advice tho is go for the newest generation possible you can find...

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --