LG G3

ixiboneheadixi

well i just got an LG G3 through AT&T and ive read AT&T have disbaled qi charging on the device, however i would like to find a way for qi charging to work with it, anyone know anything about this?

The ATT version doesnt use QI. They use PMA since ATT has a deal with Duracell for PMA tech.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

If you are talking about wireless charging, the back cover on the AT&T version(D850) has only 2 connection thingies, while on the phone itself there are 4 connection pins.I think a European back cover would fix it.

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

If you are talking about wireless charging, the back cover on the AT&T version(D850) has only 2 connection thingies, while on the phone itself there are 4 connection pins.I think a European back cover would fix it.

ATT version doesn't use Qi. It uses PMA (Duracell Power Mat)charging.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

ATT version doesn't use Qi. It uses PMA (Duracell Power Mat)charging.

The ATT version doesnt use QI. They use PMA since ATT has a deal with Duracell for PMA tech.

i know it uses PMA, im wanting to make it use Qi in some way or another if it all possible, if the phone itself supports it, would it not be technically possible to undo whatever AT&T did to disable it or to add something to enable it?

i know it uses PMA, im wanting to make it use Qi in some way or another if it all possible, if the phone itself supports it, would it not be technically possible to undo whatever AT&T did to disable it or to add something to enable it?

Not able to be done without changing a lot of internal parts within the phone. None of ATT's phones support Qi to my knowledge.

There may be some hope in the near future. There are companies making PMA + Qi chargers, but that would require you buying a new charger and the circle case for your G3 to enable the PMA charging. I assume that you don't want to go through that.

Not able to be done without changing a lot of internal parts within the phone. None of ATT's phones support Qi to my knowledge.

There may be some hope in the near future. There are companies making PMA + Qi chargers, but that would require you buying a new charger and the circle case for your G3 to enable the PMA charging. I assume that you don't want to go through that.

actually that would be good as i do not currently have a Qi charger, however was wanting to get one instead of a PMA simply because most devices seem to support Qi now, and i do not want a charger only for a device that i may not use in a year or two and nothing else. do you have any info on what companies and release dates? 

however i am disappointed as my main use for Qi would have been a mount for the phone in my car. 

The only one I know about is the ChargeSpot Pocket. Unfortunately, they cater to small businesses last time I checked.

The only one I know about is the ChargeSpot Pocket. Unfortunately, they cater to small businesses last time I checked.

that sucks, fuck AT&T for taking away the Qi lol. however i will say that i just went and got two phones from at&t and my monthly bill is cheaper than my sprint bill for one phone

that sucks, fuck AT&T for taking away the Qi lol. however i will say that i just went and got two phones from at&t and my monthly bill is cheaper than my sprint bill for one phone

Yeah. It's a shame that there are 3 technologies that are competing with one another. The only reason I think businesses are sticking with PMA is because A4WP agreed to share tech and collab with PMA and because of their open network API.

Regarding bill, I would love to switch to a carrier with better service, but i'm stuck with Sprint or Tmo because of insanely high data usage.

Yeah. It's a shame that there are 3 technologies that are competing with one another. The only reason I think businesses are sticking with PMA is because A4WP agreed to share tech and collab with PMA and because of their open network API.

Regarding bill, I would love to switch to a carrier with better service, but i'm stuck with Sprint or Tmo because of insanely high data usage.

yeah i use a lot of data too but its not too hard to just switch it off when not needed and try to use wifi as much as possible

yeah i use a lot of data too but its not too hard to just switch it off when not needed and try to use wifi as much as possible

I pay for unlimited.If im paying for it, i'm going to use it as much as possible. At home, hopping on wifi is a no go. There are simply too many devices on the router at all times. On the go, I don't have a ton of access to wifi spots (always moving on a train or bus).

I considered moving to ATT, but my bill would jump up almost $200 before taxes just because of my data usage. It sucks.

I pay for unlimited.If im paying for it, i'm going to use it as much as possible. At home, hopping on wifi is a no go. There are simply too many devices on the router at all times. On the go, I don't have a ton of access to wifi spots (always moving on a train or bus).

I considered moving to ATT, but my bill would jump up almost $200 before taxes just because of my data usage. It sucks.

yeah, for me i have a fairly good home internet connection and even with i think 11 or 12 devices connected, i have plenty of speed to use my phone on wifi. do the busses you use not have wifi onboard? i rarely use a bus but last time i was on one it had wifi

I'm surprised that buses don't have it. I live in NYC and for it being one of the biggest public transit hubs, it sure is lacking in a lot of things that use everyday. Regardless, i'm wary of public wi-fi. Some of the work I do contains sensitive customer data, so I rather tether or do those internet related tasks on my phone.