Razer hate

Samdb

Why do people always seem to hate on Razer? Is it just a case of the sheer volume of products they sell, and the people who enjoy their product say nothing about it. Or have a just gotten lucky? I've had a Lachesis for well over 20 months now and I haven't had a single problem with it. My Blackwidow is still running like new and the build quality of both of these products is fantastic. So why all the negativity towards a company that produces quality product?

a side effect of selling lots of products is that there is going to be more that are faulty or go wrong. people who have a problem with a product shout a lot louder than someone that is quietly happy with their product.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I honestly have no clue. I guess it has become "cool" to hate on random companies. 

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

That is because they are selling so much, the more you sell, the bigger you are, the more people dislike you. I myself am not a Razor fan, never owned one of their products, and probably never will. Maybe because I am not a gamer, but more a poweruser or maybe because I just don't like their style. I do however like Comms, great piece of software, my only complaint is the colour scheme.

a side effect of selling lots of products is that there is going to be more that are faulty or go wrong. people who have a problem with a product shout a lot louder than someone that is quietly happy with their product.

I think the people who are happy with their products should speak up as it could greatly improve Razer's reputation.

Its the apple effect. 

They make good products but since its the only brand people know EVERYONE buys them and the elitists think "Oh those morons who dont know anything like it i cant like it"

It is just dumb.  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Any examples?

Apple, Treyarch, EA (lol jk EA is actually crap), the list goes on....

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Its the apple effect. 

They make good products but since its the only brand people know EVERYONE buys them and the elitists think "Oh those morons who dont know anything like it i cant like it"

It is just dumb.  

With Apple, you have things to dislike, not so much with Razor.

Its the apple effect. 

It is just dumb.  

So elitists are hipsters?

No, elitists are 4channers.

With Apple, you have things to dislike, not so much with Razor.

Ya but they arent nothing but crap like people try and label it as

Kind of :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Apple have an amazing build quality.

I'm not saying that they don't have that, I'm just saying that their are also things wrong with them (closed system, design patents, ...).

4channers?

People that go on /g/. In my and my friend's experiences are that Razer stuff is half decent, but the build quality is lacking compared to cheaper or equally priced gear.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

My friend has a Razer mouse and the paint is starting to come off on the buttons, it could be better.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Razer is excellent, me and almost all my friends would agree. Plus they have great designs in my opinion. I own the Razer Banshee, never had problems. Just wish I could use the lights to work with games other than StarCraft 2.

I might have seen too many pictures of broken deathadders

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Razer is excellent, me and almost all my friends would agree. Plus they have great designs in my opinion. I own the Razer Banshee, never had problems. Just wish I could use the lights to work with games other than StarCraft 2.

I don't like some of their designs, but they can't please everybody's taste.

Their controllers are utter crap as far as build quality goes, especially the onza. After half an hour the right trigger already started acting odly, not activating every press. Sure their customer support is brilliant, but after 3 replacements it gets tiring.

But how many Deathadders have they sold?

Too much,

How much of them are broken? too much

You do not see these things from logitech or steelseries, or atleast less

And don't say razer sells more, cuz they don't

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme