Vertical flicker on laptop screen

BloodWithIce

Today I noticed that a line 1-2 pixel wide line was flickering down my screen. It's not consistent and not always intense. Sometime only half a line will appear, sometimes it just won't flicker ecc... I can't rma since it's refurbished. It's really annoying, what could it be?

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Here's a pic post-54843-0-14204500-1424188396_thumb.j

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:

I would try to see if its software related.  Maybe update video drivers, or rollback to previous versions.  do testing to see if it comes up in games, watching movies etc.  See if you can narrow it down to what specific circumstance it shows up.

If it's purely hardware, you might be screwed.  I guess you could open it up and start poking around for loose connections, but you might just ruin your machine in the process.

I would also try looking for user forums on the manufacturers website.  see if others with the same model have the same problem.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I would try to see if its software related.  Maybe update video drivers, or rollback to previous versions.  do testing to see if it comes up in games, watching movies etc.  See if you can narrow it down to what specific circumstance it shows up.

If it's purely hardware, you might be screwed.  I guess you could open it up and start poking around for loose connections, but you might just ruin your machine in the process.

I would also try looking for user forums on the manufacturers website.  see if others with the same model have the same problem.

o hooked up the laptop to my TV and no flickering. That means it's the screen itself
COOLING: