New Phone- Roger

canadianultra

Looking for an android phone from rogers. I am coming from an s3. I have been looking at the Nexus 6, budget does not matter. I will probably root and ROM and phone I get (except nexus 6) because stock firmware sucks. 

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&N=52+11+277

Thanks, canadianultra

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

lg g3 Sony xperia z3 HTC one m8

Xperia phones have locked bootloaders and can't run custom roms unless you get one with an unlockable bootloader.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Looking for an android phone from rogers. I am coming from an s3. I have been looking at the Nexus 6, budget does not matter. I will probably root and ROM and phone I get (except nexus 6) because stock firmware sucks. 

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&N=52+11+277

Thanks, canadianultra

Whats so bad about stock firmware? D:

Whats so bad about stock firmware? D:

I don't know about other phones, but samsung phones are filled with crap. Restricting security software and multiple apps for the same function (which are not removable). 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Does Rogers get the latest flagship as fast as American carriers? 

If so, then wait for now because the next wave of top tier phones are coming.

If not, then HTC One M8's Sense Skin is probably the next best thing to stock android. 

It's a shame there is no Moto X 2014 on Rogers. 

I don't know about other phones, but samsung phones are filled with crap. Restricting security software and multiple apps for the same function (which are not removable). 

Oh I thought you meant like stock android firmware lol. Samsung, very crap yes

That's Samsung.

Xperia UI is pretty much themed stock Android.

"Rawr XD"

1. Are you getting it on a contract?

2. What are you using the phone for, mostly?

3. How big of a phone do you want?

Off the bat I'd suggest the HTC One M8 cause it's the best phone for the price on contract ($100) 

"Rawr XD"

1. Are you getting it on a contract?

2. What are you using the phone for, mostly?

3. How big of a phone do you want?

Off the bat I'd suggest the HTC One M8 cause it's the best phone for the price on contract ($100) 

I will be getting two phones on contract (iphone 6 is one of the phones).

The phone will be used for day to day tasks and media consumption, as well as a camera (mostly video) (I also have a dslr). It would be great if the phone has a decent amp/dac inside because my current phone does not sound nearly as good with high end headphones as my apple devices. 

I am looking for something around 5-6"

Thanks

I will be getting two phones on contract (iphone 6 is one of the phones).

The phone will be used for day to day tasks and media consumption, as well as a camera (mostly video) (I also have a dslr). It would be great if the phone has a decent amp/dac inside because my current phone does not sound nearly as good with high end headphones as my apple devices. 

I am looking for something around 5-6"

Then I'd go with HTC One M8. It's undoubtably the best phone out there for media consumption, especially with high-end headphones. The thing with the camera is that due to it's low pixel count, images get distorted quickly when zooming in. However if you're doing really serious photography you already have a DSLR for that so it's not anything to be hugely worried about. I was perfectly happy with the camera on my M8.

BUT with MWC coming up and possibly the release of the M9... it's definitely worth waiting to see what happens

"Rawr XD"

Xperia phones have locked bootloaders and can't run custom roms unless you get one with an unlockable bootloader.

lg g3,2 are great

I like Xperia UI, not a huge amount of bloat - you can't delete some of it but it rarely bothers you (mostly opt-in crap)

As above, locked bootloader and if you root you'll end up with a shitty camera due to their proprietary algorithms coming down from their DSLRs I believe. Good camera in the first place though.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670