Installed new SSHD. Apears in BIOS but not in Computer Management.

Bladst
Go to solution Solved by d3sl91,

In Disk management

Action>rescan?

Hi, first post on the forums. I have asked around on Reddit and Tom's Hardware but have not gotten much help. Anyway, I bought a new SSHD for a second drive to replace and old failing second drive. I installed it. Seemed to work fine. Loaded my old drive's content onto it. Had issues where dskchk would happen every time I started my laptop. I removed the new drive and booted without it. No issues. I put the drive back in and it shows up in the BIOS but does not show up in windows or the device manager. Help? When I start the laptop there is one quick beep that doesn't happen everytime but does happen, and only when I have the new drive in.

Is it a secondary drive currently?

You need to initialize it in Windows. Go into Disk Management, find the drive, initialize it and assign a drive letter to it

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Is it a secondary drive currently?

You need to initialize it in Windows. Go into Disk Management, find the drive, initialize it and assign a drive letter to it

Yes it is a second drive. As I said in the title, It is not showing up in Disk Management.

In Disk management

Action>rescan?

Ok so now when I go to Disk Management nothing loads and it says "Connection to Virtual Disk Service..."

Edit: I reset, it asked to disk check again. Last time I ran that it took 8 hours and then it still never showed up. I am running the CHKDSK again and will update if and when it finishes.

Edit 2: CHKDSK flew through the check and is now on "Verifying Usn Journal..." that is where it got hung up last time. I will leave it this time, overnight if need be.

In Disk management

Action>rescan?

Well I do not know how but I finally had it show up in Computer Management. I formatted it. Restarted. No disk check. Seems to be working. Must of been something that I copied from my old failing drive.