Audiofile help.

iDeJayDzn

So basically i'm wanting an all in one surround sound setup. I want to keep all my products within the Sony family circle if possible (You'll see why) and to have all my devices syn'd to have the audio play through one system whenever i need it.

I'm not asking for playback through the system from every device... just something that will allow me to switch to different devices when i need them.

Here's the list i need to fit into the system.

Sony Bravia TV

Sony Playstation 4

My Computer
USB.

I currently have a Sony Home Cinema DAV TZ135 System

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DAV-TZ135

Anybody would could help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

So you want an option to select which one you want to hear?

Edit:

diagram_hdmi_switch_avr_bd.jpg

Something like that?

So you want an option to select which one you want to hear?

Basically select between the 4 or just allow them all to playback at once (If that's possible)

Baring in mind the PS4 uses optical cable already for my Astro Mixamp for my headset too it so it may have to go through a HDMI splitter or something, idk.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Basically select between the 4 or just allow them all to playback at once (If that's possible)
Baring in mind the PS4 uses optical cable already for my Astro Mixamp for my headset too it so it may have to go through a HDMI splitter or something, idk.
Basically what I said in my edit? Just add an "hdmi to optical audio" adapter to the output. 

PS4, PC, blah and blah > 4 way splitter box > Y Splitter > HDMI in (TV)
                                                                                       > hdmi to optical > astros

-

Basically yeah. I just don't know what to look for when it comes to sound.

Basically yeah. I just don't know what to look for when it comes to sound.

I kinda fucked up my posts and what you saw. Refresh the page, please.

I kinda fucked up my posts and what you saw. Refresh the page, please.

I saw. Basically i can just buy any Sound system, stick a HDMI into the back of it to a TV and then TV to a HDMI splitters along with all the other devices then stick one coming out and input the HCS? If i'm understanding you correctly.

The audio setup you have is only stereo input - are you trying to find a new one, or find a way to make the current one work?

I saw. Basically i can just buy any Sound system, stick a HDMI into the back of it to a TV and then TV to a HDMI splitters along with all the other devices then stick one coming out and input the HCS? If i'm understanding you correctly.

What I'm saying is you should eliminate all other hdmi cables apart from one.

(4 hdmi to 1)

Convert that 1 to two

(Y splitter)

Then get optical audio for your astros / soundsystem

And also another cable for your TV / soundsystem 

Wouldn't i need 4 input slots not output though? And i already have enough optical cables/hdmi cables :) Don't see the need for the splitter though?

The audio setup you have is only stereo input - are you trying to find a new one, or find a way to make the current one work?

Bit of both. I'm looking to replace my current sound system with one that actually supports my PS4, PC and TV with a possible USB input on the HCS. Although the USB input isn't that important.

Wouldn't i need 4 input slots not output though? And i already have enough optical cables/hdmi cables :) Don't see the need for the splitter though?

Bit of both. I'm looking to replace my current sound system with one that actually supports my PS4, PC and TV with a possible USB input on the HCS. Although the USB input isn't that important.

http://gyazo.com/880bbe8f4382e5287648d16e2f6ef4d3

My amazing ms-paint skills

wait wait wait. I didn't make this clear. Let me whip something up quickly.

In that case you're looking at a full sized AV receiver. Few, if any, have USB inputs. A simple and cheap Sony STRD550 should do what you need, and you could even re-use the satellite speakers of your current system. You would need a separate amplifier for your current subwoofer, or a new active subwoofer, however.

This is basically what i gathered from what you both said.

http://prntscr.com/65nuj7

Btw, my HCS doesnt have normal jacks on the heads. They're clips persay. So i may need a new HCS that would support a reciever.

In that case you're looking at a full sized AV receiver. Few, if any, have USB inputs. A simple and cheap Sony STRD550 should do what you need, and you could even re-use the satellite speakers of your current system. You would need a separate amplifier for your current subwoofer, or a new active subwoofer, however.

This is basically what i gathered from what you both said.

http://prntscr.com/65nuj7

Btw, my HCS doesnt have normal jacks on the heads. They're clips persay. So i may need a new HCS that would support a reciever.

I think you're adding in some unnecessary components. 

The jacks on the satellite speakers can simply be snipped off, the wire ends stripped and inserted into the receiver's bare wire outputs.

0f1b899625.png

I think you're adding in some unnecessary components. 

The jacks on the satellite speakers can simply be snipped off, the wire ends stripped and inserted into the receiver's bare wire outputs.

0f1b899625.png

So could you link me to a HCS to replace my current setup?

Baring in mind i need a HCS, Reciever and for all the parts to be interlinked together. 

So could you link me to a HCS to replace my current setup?

Baring in mind i need a HCS, Reciever and for all the parts to be interlinked together. 

What's HCS stand for?

What's HCS stand for?

Home cinema system. I want speakers and a Sub for audio. The reciever would obviously control them and allow the devices to be interlinked

Something wrong with your current speakers?

I just want a more modern system that's going to look premium. Considering i have a PS4, a new G-Sync monitor (Eventually another) and a glossy BenQ monitor. The TV is getting replaced eventually too. The speakers and sub don't look 'premium'. So i want something that will fit well with everything and look like it's all from one product cycle. If you understand what i'm trying to do/say.

Something wrong with your current speakers?

Make sure you recommend something shiny and hi-tech, doggie.

I just want a more modern system that's going to look premium. Considering i have a PS4, a new G-Sync monitor (Eventually another) and a glossy BenQ monitor. The TV is getting replaced eventually too. The speakers and sub don't look 'premium'. So i want something that will fit well with everything and look like it's all from one product cycle. If you understand what i'm trying to do/say.

Gotcha. A good starting place will be figuring out your budget then. You could build a system off individual speakers that cost $300 each, or get a combo package with all 5.1 for the same price. Whad'ya think of these: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Blackstone-5-1-Channel-Theater/dp/B00AEU9D0O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424053946&sr=8-3&keywords=5.1+speakers

Gotcha. A good starting place will be figuring out your budget then. You could build a system off individual speakers that cost $300 each, or get a combo package with all 5.1 for the same price. Whad'ya think of these: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Blackstone-5-1-Channel-Theater/dp/B00AEU9D0O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424053946&sr=8-3&keywords=5.1+speakers

I was actually thinking this may be better as it'd reduce wires and help save space. Rather than having wires all around the room.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HT-CT260H-Surround-Subwoofer-Connection/dp/B00BSSDKMI/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424054593&sr=1-17&keywords=5.1+speaker