System Instability

stconquest

So, after two years of running my system ragged, it finally started telling me to F-ff.

I am experiencing stability issues the same way my Phenom II system was.  The Phenom II system had some bad DIMM slots on the mobo.

Now, on this system I am running 16 GB (2x8) of Patriot Viper3 RAM @1600.  I have noticed many Firefox crashes, and corruption(or my system thinking this) in game files when running League Of Legends. 

I have switched over the two RAM sticks to the second set of DIMMs, problem continues.  I will try each stick on it's own next, to see if I can stabilize.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what tests to run to determine whether it is:  The RAM;  The Mobo; or something else.

Does anyone know how to repair RAM???  :lol:

i5 3570K (Stock)

Patriot Viper 3 2x8GB @ 1600

256GB Corair Force 3 SSD

AsRock Z77 Extreme 3

XFXPRO 750W Semi-modular

Gigabyte Windforce R9 280

CM Hyper 212 EVO

I would suggest what you already know, try each stick in the MB slots and run some RAM stress programs, if you have your CPU OC´d try lowering it, or maybe your PC is shutting off because of overheating, are your temps ok?

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

I would suggest what you already know, try each stick in the MB slots and run some RAM stress programs, if you have your CPU OC´d try lowering it, or maybe your PC is shutting off because of overheating, are your temps ok?

Heat is not an issue, I watch that stuff.  I hope it is just one module on one of the sticks.  Thanks Juan.  :)  Can work with 8GB of RAM, can't work with bad DIMMs, or data buses on the mobo.

Well, 24 hours of general computing with only 1 stick of RAM in the first DIMM slot.  No instability, although I can actually see the difference from dropping down to single channel from dual.  Slight "lagginess" here and there when doing things.

Just switched to second stick, if this is problem free... noooo not my mobo :(

Well, two firefox crashes already.  Probably a bad module somewhere on the stick. Checked Patriot and was happy to see they have a lifetime Warranty on their RAM.  A little more testing and I contact Patriot.