build for friends brother

lutewan

ah so i think this  build is good he already has the ssd mobo and case

i dont know if wants to overclock it i asked him

dont know what cpu cooler to get

and i dont know if the chipset of the mobo works with i5 4690k

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qvwFqs

location san fran California

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

the motherboard wont let him OC

the 212 EVO is the go to cooler

the mobo will work however

this work for you?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($312.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.95 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $836.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 02:18 EST-0500

you might want to get a more powerful PSu though

EDIT: since he already bought that stuff all I can say is dont get the K version of the CPU because it will be useless

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The CPU is definitely compatible with that motherboard, but it'll need a BIOS updates. 

I'd like to know why you included a 500GB SSD, for an $800 PC I wouldn't even include one, and a 1TB HDD would be a lot better in this situation as it's a lot cheaper and allows for a better motherboard and/or GPU. 

What's his budget, and it'd be good to know if he needs a monitor, or any peripherals. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The CPU is definitely compatible with that motherboard, but it'll need a BIOS updates. 

I'd like to know why you included a 500GB SSD, for an $800 PC I wouldn't even include one, and a 1TB HDD would be a lot better in this situation as it's a lot cheaper and allows for a better motherboard and/or GPU. 

What's his budget, and it'd be good to know if he needs a monitor, or any peripherals. 

OP said SSD had already been purchased, proabably part of the intial build he's upgrading.

the motherboard wont let him OC

the 212 EVO is the go to cooler

the mobo will work however

this work for you?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($312.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.95 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $836.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 02:18 EST-0500

you might want to get a more powerful PSu though

he already has the ssd mobo and case

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

OP said SSD had already been purchased, proabably part of the intial build he's upgrading.

guys i have no idea why he bought what he has

just today he asked if it was good

Sorry, in that case, there is a lot more room to move. 

Again, @lutewan, what is his budget? 

You can mark items as already bought in PCPP. 

Seems like he didn't do much research and just cheaped out on the mobo and for some reason got a 500GB SSD, I only have a 250GB SSD and my PC costs double that. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

he already has the ssd mobo and case

hmm I might have to suggest the $600 build because I have to subtract the SSD cost

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i dont think he needs eny or os

as i said before dont know why he got ssd, his brother  might have given it to him i dont know

i dont think he needs eny or os

as i said before dont know why he got ssd, his brother  might have given it to him i dont know

Well if he already has some parts, than what is his budget? Is it still $800, or just the $550 left over after taking out the already purchased parts?

Well if he already has some parts, than what is his budget? Is it still $800, or just the $550 left over after taking out the already purchased parts?

lets just say yes

i dont know i just asked him again hopefully he replys

lets just say yes

i dont know i just asked him again hopefully he replys

Okay then, I shall adjust the parts list I have already. 

Okay then, I shall adjust the parts list I have already. 

thank u

thank u

and i dont think he will need a hdd

just the ssd

and i dont think he will need a hdd

just the ssd

I have returned, but the already purchased items aren't the greatest, and the case has actually taken out thew option of a 212 EVO, almost certainly the best CPU cooler for the $30 price tag. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00)

Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB LIGHTNING Video Card  ($369.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $768.92

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 02:59 EST-0500

I bumped the PSU up to the 650W version, as I added a 290X in, though the 550W version should handle it fine. 

I replaced the RAM with some lower priced HyperX Fury modules from Kingston, which look awesome, and make a negligible difference in system performance. 

It does only total to $770, so adding a HDD or a different case would be a good option. 

might want to check if it was a retail OS, or OEM. If it's retail he's good, but with the new cpu he'll need a new copy if it was OEM.

I have returned, but the already purchased items aren't the greatest, and the case has actually taken out thew option of a 212 EVO, almost certainly the best CPU cooler for the $30 price tag. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00)

Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB LIGHTNING Video Card  ($369.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $768.92

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-14 02:59 EST-0500

I bumped the PSU up to the 650W version, as I added a 290X in, though the 550W version should handle it fine. 

I replaced the RAM with some lower priced HyperX Fury modules from Kingston, which look awesome, and make a negligible difference in system performance. 

It does only total to $770, so adding a HDD or a different case would be a good option. 

i dont think he need a 290x he doesnt do alot of heavy gaming so i think like 280 would be fine for him  for like 200 i think that would like 150 less

alright  thank i will run this past him

might want to check if it was a retail OS, or OEM. If it's retail he's good, but with the new cpu he'll need a new copy if it was OEM.

its not a upgrade

its not a upgrade

So the CPU is being kept as well?!?!

What parts has he already got, and what is his budget. 

There is no point in making parts lists just so that they become irrelevant because of something that was unknown when it was being put together. 

its not a upgrade

OEM copies are linked to the motherboard/CPU combo. if you change either you need a new copy. Most system builders use OEM as it's significantly cheaper. If he actually brought a copy it was probably retail.

It was my understanding that the CPU was n upgrade.

So the CPU is being kept as well?!?!

What parts has he already got, and what is his budget. 

There is no point in making parts lists just so that they become irrelevant because of something that was unknown when it was being put together.

wait what ? the only parts he has is the case mobo and ssd

and he doesnt need a os or eny peripherals the build list u made is fine

wait what ? the only parts he has is the case mobo and ssd

and he doesnt need a os or eny peripherals the build list u made is fine

Well you said that the CPU wasn't an upgrade...

Well you said that the CPU wasn't an upgrade...

lol i didn't mean that i meant this build isnt a upgrade to what he has already or soemthing

OEM copies are linked to the motherboard/CPU combo. if you change either you need a new copy. Most system builders use OEM as it's significantly cheaper. If he actually brought a copy it was probably retail.

It was my understanding that the CPU was n upgrade.

no its not a upgrade he doesnt have a pc right now just a mac

no its not a upgrade he doesnt have a pc right now just a mac

Okay So I'm guessing this is someone that has a mac...Want's a ibm compatible PC. Brought a case, mobo, and SSD....

And then had no idea where to go from there.

Which means their requirements are.....

CPU,

ram,

discrete graphics card?

PSU,

OS,

peripherals?