MSI GE60 vs MSI GE70

CurlyCucumber

GE60: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE60-Apache--033-15-6-Inch/dp/B00IMTQ44W/ref=sr_1_13?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1423801193&sr=1-13&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop#productDetails

GE70: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE70-Apache-Pro-061-17-3-Inch/dp/B00IMTQ4BK/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1423801193&sr=1-9&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop

It's a tossup. I really like the 17.3 inch screen on the GE70, but I believe the i7 4700HQ in the GE60 is better than that i5 4200H in the GE70. I think sacrificing 2 inches on the screen size would we worth the extra 2 cores, and 4 threads.

BUT! The GE70 has a GTX 860m, while the GE60 has a 850m. Both have DDR5 Memory. 8 gigs of ram on both.

But what's your opinion on the GE60 & GE70 overall? They look like decent gaming laptops.

I wouldn't be running anything SUPER intensive either. 1-2 year old games.

Let me know your opinions! 

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

I would go with the GE60 for the CPU. For laptops, I find that I run out of CPU power more often. Then again, I rarely game on my laptop. 

I would go with the GE60 for the CPU. For laptops, I find that I run out of CPU power more often. Then again, I rarely game on my laptop.

That's what I was thinking. I mean, I have a great desktop pc, I just go places a lot, so it's nice to have something when I do travel.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Better CPU > Screen size, specially if you already got a kickass gaming PC and will only use the laptop as a sort of "nicotine patch" when you're away.