Replace 280x help

silosmith

Not sure what card to get. I am running 2 of the 280x in crossfire with the Samsung 4k monitor I like running my games ultra and was reading online more gpu memory is better for 4k so I am thinking about the.  MSI r9 290x 8GB Card On newegg .  But I have been looking at the Msi R9290x Lightning on Amazon but it only has 4 gb of memory in it so I'm not sure what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Cpu 8350

Mobo Sabourtooth 990 Fx

Psu Corsair 850

Gpu  280x in Crossfire.

hold your horses. use what you have. soon enough new cards will be released that might help your delema.

For 4K a single 8GB 290x will not be powerful enough. 

I'd recommend getting 2 of them OR waiting for the R9 3** to come out, as they are expected to have larger amounts of VRAM. 

Not sure what card to get. I am running 2 of the 280x in crossfire with the Samsung 4k monitor I like running my games ultra and was reading online more gpu memory is better for 4k so I am thinking about the.  MSI r9 290x 8GB Card On newegg .  But I have been looking at the Msi R9290x Lightning on Amazon but it only has 4 gb of memory in it so I'm not sure what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Cpu 8350

Mobo Sabourtooth 990 Fx

Psu Corsair 850

Gpu  280x in Crossfire.

It sounds like you need a new CPU there...

4K gaming is not really "here" yet. Most cards aren't enough, even in SLI... and especially no single cards yet.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

What games you play? Some games like Titanfall hit about 3.6 gigs in 1080-p Just think what it gets in 4k

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

So I guess wait for the new cards ?

That's the best option at the moment! Patience is key, it will likely be worth the wait judging by the competition.

I only play Battlefield 4 and World of warcraft.  Anyway thanks I guess I will wait for the new cards.

watch this vid. I think it's a single 290 and only a 30Hz monitor. you'll be needing something "big" to run smooth at 60Hz..  (WSGF-youtube )

I only play Battlefield 4 and World of warcraft.  Anyway thanks I guess I will wait for the new cards.

Good choice. Wait to see what the AMD 300 series has to offer. I'm waiting as well.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

3GB of VRAM is not enough for 4K gaming, any scrub should know this since GTX 970 RAMGATE.