My PS3 Just YLOD :0/

GuruMeditationError

I knew it was going to happen. It was taking multiple attempt to get it to boot and it shut itself down mid game at one point.

I need to get it re-balled. And I need to mod it with a case fan.

I'm worried I might have fried the chip. 

:0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Isn't a YLOD just an overheating issue?

It varies. I say Ylod but it's a yellow light then flashing red. It needs re-balling. :0/ 

I've been meaning to learn how to do it myself (and got all the stuff and a couple of broken ones to practice on) just a case of getting around to it.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I swear the topic said "my ps3 just yolo'd" 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I swear the topic said "my ps3 just yolo'd" 

I'm really hoping I can resurrect the thing. It's a checha01 I imported.

My 2nd generation died a few years ago. I paid the service fee and I received a replacement. I'd imagine they'd do the same for your import.

It's not worth taking to some shady place in town to do it.

My 2nd generation died a few years ago. I paid the service fee and I received a replacement. I'd imagine they'd do the same for your import.

It's not worth taking to some shady place in town to do it.

They still replace/repair them, for a fee!?

The thing is mine's a cecha01 (it's got the PS2 hardware on-board). I'm going to try and re-ball it myself. I've got all of the stuff, I just need to get around to it.

They still replace/repair them, for a fee!?

iunno.  It was in December of 2011.    I have a CECHE01.  (4-port 80GB)  The old confirmation emails in my inbox don't have the price in them, but I think back then it was around $100.  In retrospect, I'm happy to have paid it.  

It looks like https://scea.secure.force.com/service is the starting place if you want to see what they still offer.  If you look, reply back with what they have.  I'm curious, too. 

I see the CECHA01 is the 4-port 60GB.   You had to import it?  What country are you in?

iunno.  It was in December of 2011.    I have a CECHE01.  (4-port 80GB)  The old confirmation emails in my inbox don't have the price in them, but I think back then it was around $100.  In retrospect, I'm happy to have paid it.  

It looks like https://scea.secure.force.com/service is the starting place if you want to see what they still offer.  If you look, reply back with what they have.  I'm curious, too. 

I see the CECHA01 is the 4-port 60GB.   You had to import it?  What country are you in?

...but I'm not sure they'd be able to help me since it's an import.

I live in the U.K.

I"m going to learn how to re-ball so I should be able to fix it (hopefully).

Put it in the oven?

I'm going to try and re-ball it. I've got a stack of broken U.K. PS3s to practice on.

Also, the oven trick is probably the easier but I've got a heat gun here that I can use (which I might do in the meantime).