3TB hard drive showing as less than 1TB in windows

FredsterM4
Go to solution Solved by FredsterM4,

I found this thread. Maybe it has something that'll help you.

EDIT: Also this.

Got it working now thanks for the help!

My WD Green 3TB is appearing windows 7 disk management as less than 1TB but shows as 3TB in my BIOS.

Edit: Its solved now thanks for the help!

Make sure your drive has been partitioned as GPT. To do this:

Start>"diskpart">"list disk"

If the area under "Gpt" is blank, you'll need to backup and reformat your 3TB drive as GPT to properly utilize all the space.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

What Windows 7 do you have? Dont think more than 1tb is possible below Professional

What Windows 7 do you have? Dont think more than 1tb is possible below Professional

are, you, do you even ?

k im done

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

are, you, do you even ?

k im done

It was like that on some Windows version... Sorry if its wrong, quite late where i live :D

It was like that on some Windows version... Sorry if its wrong, quite late where i live :D

uh. probably like 3.1 or something,

there is a limit for ram, but thats to do with 32bit/64bit systems

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Facepalm_stick_figure.jpg

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

Make sure your drive has been partitioned as GPT. To do this:

Start>"diskpart">"list disk"

If the area under "Gpt" is blank, you'll need to backup and reformat your 3TB drive as GPT to properly utilize all the space.

I have set it to GPT but still showing as 746 GB in disk management, this is the largest

I can do

I have set it to GPT but still showing as 746 GB in disk management, this is the largest

I can do

I found this thread. Maybe it has something that'll help you.

EDIT: Also this.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

?????????????????

Got it working now thanks for the help!

Sure! Feel free to mark the thread as resolved to help anyone else with the same problem.

Sure! Feel free to mark the thread as resolved to help anyone else with the same problem.

This may be a stupid question but how do I do that?

This may be a stupid question but how do I do that?

Find the post you want (in this case, mine with the things that helped you) and click the "mark solved" button in the bottom right.