Need a competitive gaming monitor

Waterloo

I'm no pro, but i want to have the best gaming monitor. Currently i have been playing CSGO, and i have heard that playing at 144Hz makes a difference. So i have been looking around at those. I am looking for a 1ms 144hz monitor. I also am wondering if there are any good 4k ones? I have watched a few videos on youtube about BenQ monitors and they seem to be leading in this, but i want to find out for sure.

4k is not a priority, i play PC games like CSGO and i play call of duty on console, those are the priority for me. 4k was just a bonus if i can get it.

Can your rig push 144fps constantly though?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

BenQ XL2420Z, 'nuff said.

i have the XL2411Z. i agree

get one of the Benq screens. they REALLY are awesome. 

Can your rig push 144fps constantly though?

You can push 200+ on a toaster in CS:GO. :lol:

You can push 200+ on a toaster in CS:GO. :lol:

I've known some people who are still running on ancient hardware, such as the ATI HD4870 or 8800GT that play csgo...

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I am upgrading to a i5 or i7 and a gtx 970 or r9 290 soon. That should be fine corrent? Also, i didn't mean 4k 144hz, because i don't know if nvidia has that computer right now. I just meant 144hz at 1080p and 4k also.

Edit: Rank, not high enough to justify the expensive monitor i want to buy, but im doing it anyhow. Lets just say it is a color in a crayon box and under less the 5 but more then 3.

I am upgrading to a i5 or i7 and a gtx 970 or r9 290 soon. That should be fine corrent? Also, i didn't mean 4k 144hz, because i don't know if nvidia has that computer right now. I just meant 144hz at 1080p and 4k also.

Edit: Rank, not high enough to justify the expensive monitor i want to buy, but im doing it anyhow. Lets just say it is a color in a crayon box and under less the 5 but more then 3.

Silver 4? Gold Nova Master? I am only Silver 2 :P

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Dont waste money on an i7, the i5 4690 is the max you can possibly need... anything above that is a waste of money, wont give you any more perf in games

...and if you dont overclock, save money on the mobo too... just get the cheapest thing to hold your components.

As for the display. I highly suggest you wait a month. Theres a lot of freesync/gsync stuff coming in the next few months. Affordable stuff, 21:9 stuff... and even stuff thats 144hz and IPS at the same time.

Dont waste money on an i7, the i5 4690 is the max you can possibly need... anything above that is a waste of money, wont give you any more perf in games

...and if you dont overclock, save money on the mobo too... just get the cheapest thing to hold your components.

As for the display. I highly suggest you wait a month. Theres a lot of freesync/gsync stuff coming in the next few months. Affordable stuff, 21:9 stuff... and even stuff thats 144hz and IPS at the same time.

I could only imagine how badly something like that would smear...

I'm no pro, but i want to have the best gaming monitor. Currently i have been playing CSGO, and i have heard that playing at 144Hz makes a difference. So i have been looking around at those. I am looking for a 1ms 144hz monitor. I also am wondering if there are any good 4k ones? I have watched a few videos on youtube about BenQ monitors and they seem to be leading in this, but i want to find out for sure.

4k is not a priority, i play PC games like CSGO and i play call of duty on console, those are the priority for me. 4k was just a bonus if i can get it.

Asus vg248qe 24 inch monitor 1080p 144hz, 1ms gtg. 4k monitors go 60hz and 1440p monitors go 144hz.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

so BenQ XL2420Z or Asus vg248qe those are the best options? I have no preference on monitor brand really, i mean i don't think ill be getting some random brand. 

so BenQ XL2420Z or Asus vg248qe those are the best options? I have no preference on monitor brand really, i mean i don't think ill be getting some random brand. 

My vote goes in for the XL2420Z.

I have been looking around and what are the differences between BenQ XL2430T, BenQ XL2420Z, and XL2411Z? Im assuming the XL2420z and 2411Z are the just updated version of same monitor.

I have been looking around and what are the differences between BenQ XL2430T, BenQ XL2420Z, and XL2411Z? Im assuming the XL2420z and 2411Z are the just updated version of same monitor.

The XL2430T is the newest, the XL2420Z is older, (and of which I own 2 :wub:) and the XL2411Z is the oldest.

Not much changed over the various generations so jump on whatever is affordable at the moment.

Ok, that is kinda what i was wondering, Also found the XL2420TE from a LTT video. XL2411Z is only 250 on BH so i might go with that. But looking around more to make sure not important differences.