Trackpad vs Trackpoint laptop gaming

Obviously most people would hook up a mouse instead, however, in a lot of occasions there would be no room to use one.

So a lot of gaming laptops only have a trackpad, which we all know is horrible if you're doing anything like gaming or you just do a lot of typing.

Why do these gaming laptops not have trackpads or mouse nipples? From my personal experience, I've had much better luck with playing video games with them than I have with a trackpad. Even when I do a lot of web design/web dev, I'd still much prefer having the trackpoint because it's close to my pointing finger on the keyboard and doesn't require me to keep moving my right hand off the keyboard.

I just wanted to see what everyones opinion is on this after watching the review of the MSI GT80 Titan laptop. Could've saved so much room if they ditched the trackpad...

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

My old laptop was fine with the trackpad. Due to me having to return my old work laptop a week ago and getting a new one next week (don't ask -_-; ) I borrowed mum's for last week. And that work involved playing Skyrim on it at break, obviously.

And how long has it been a Thing on laptops to TURN THE TRACKPAD OFF WHILE THEY KEYBOARD IS IN USE!? There's like a whole second delay afterwards, it started to piss the hell out of me when I was typing, let alone trying to game on the thing >_>

For this reason alone, nipple. (Lol nipple.) Because the trackpad is unusable. Also trackpads still do that late-90s thing of not being able to tell the difference between moving the cursor around and click and drag. I hate that.

Trackpads all the way!