My new phone. Help me decide

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

I am in a market for a new phone. I don't have the money for something I would really want (HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Mega 6.3) so I have to adapt. I currently have a LG Optimus 3D P920 (Witch is stuck on Android 2.2 (can't root or anything already tried it) ). I am having some thoughts between Sony Xperia P and Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Both phones have been updated to Android 4.2.1. The Xperia P has an 8 megapixel camera and shoots 1080p vide, and the S Advance has a 5 megapixel and shoots 720p video. Apart from that they are the sam (the same processor and the same GPU) Galaxy S Advance does have 768MB of RAM and the Xperia P has 512 MB. Any kind of help is welcome.

post-3174-0-97340800-1372451634.jpg

post-3174-0-30914500-1372451647_thumb.jp

Any reason you're upgrading? Neither phones seem like much of an upgrade from the Optimus 3D specwise. The Optimus 3D did get updated to ICS officially, plus there are guides for installing custom roms, are you sure you followed them properly?

Any reason you're upgrading? Neither phones seem like much of an upgrade from the Optimus 3D specwise. The Optimus 3D did get updated to ICS officially, plus there are guides for installing custom roms, are you sure you followed them properly?

I can't get the ICS in my country. The Xperia P has 1GB of RAM btw. MY phone has 512MB of ram and a 5 megapixel camera. I think it is really nice but I can't decide.

Honestly it'd be better off to just wait until you can afford a better phone to see a bigger difference

the xperia P is an awesome bit of kit, great camera, loads of storage and stunning screen with the bravia engine.

It's very snappy at opening aps and browsing, i loved mine (till i lost it  :( ) 

Also the P has HDMI out witch is great as after installing something like "Rock Player" it is more than capable of outputing 1080 .MKV files straight to a TV/Monitor....

The battery life was OK but as with any smart phone, expect to be charging it every night.

Sonys UI is much prettier than samsungs and the build quality, looks and performance of the P give a feel of a much more expensive phone.

To date i have owned the Xperia Arc, Xperia Play, Xperia P and to give you an idea of how much i like Sony phones my Xperia T is getting delivered on monday lol. 

Hope this helps. threee6