multi AP wireless network

Leighspped

I'm looking to upgrade my wifi system as i buy a new house… 

The property has two 2500sqf+ 2-3 story buildings. We have a high quality access with 150 down and up. Currently have a 3 story, 2200 sqf and a single link sys ea6500 and its a consistent problem with weak range though multiple walls. I watched Linus review of the ubiquity and ruckus and thought these might be for me. I have a 4 people online probably 80%+ of the time and about 4 apple tvs, nest thermostat iPads(3+) iPhone (4) and laptops. thats most of the wifi devices. I figure I have at least 10-20 devices connected wirelessly during normal use and about 35 peak

Current guesses put me 
at 3-4 AP

If the ubiquity costs about 800$ with ruckus getting up to 3000$.  (both pricing being for 3 APs) 

Is there anything anyone sees that I’m missing/overlooked? Do you guys want more info on set up?

I'm looking to upgrade my wifi system as i buy a new house… 

The property has two 2500sqf+ 2-3 story buildings. We have a high quality access with 150 down and up. Currently have a 3 story, 2200 sqf and a single link sys ea6500 and its a consistent problem with weak range though multiple walls. I watched Linus review of the ubiquity and ruckus and thought these might be for me. I have a 4 people online probably 80%+ of the time and about 4 apple tvs, nest thermostat iPads(3+) iPhone (4) and laptops. thats most of the wifi devices. I figure I have at least 10-20 devices connected wirelessly during normal use and about 35 peak

Current guesses put me at 3-4 AP

If the ubiquity costs about 800$ with ruckus getting up to 3000$.  (both pricing being for 3 APs) 

Is there anything anyone sees that I’m missing/overlooked? Do you guys want more info on set up?

I use ubiquity myself and it is very nice if Setup Correctly Ohterwise it can go to hell. Did you include the power over ethernet set for the ubiquity. Also how far away are these aps since they should all be on different channels also

FONT COLOR

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

are powerline adapters or wifi extenders not an option, wireless APs are quite expensive and designed for businesses, though D-Link kit is usually pretty cheap

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

i am not that concerned about the 800$ i would have difficult time 3k. i run a business so I'm want the enterprise level of reliablity and with number of active devices enterprise seams like the way to go.

since i haven't starting cutting hole and running ethernet i don't know the length and yes the POE was something i was planning on taking advantage of.

(am i sopost to using a font color? mine just shows black with white background....)

I use the basic 2.4 Unifi at my house, $65 on Amazon right now. One of them covers my small house perfect, and even gets out to my workshop which is about 100 feet from the AP through 5 walls. I only get 3mbps speeds that far out, but prior to this I had used an Almond+, TPLink N600, and a Linksys EA4500 and could not even see them out in the shop. Actually I couldn't even see those in the yard 10 feet outside the house...

I highly highly recommend Ubiquiti products now that I've seen them in action.

The company I work for has a ~15,000 sq ft building with two floors, and they recently swapped out all of their APs for two Unifi Pro's, one on the main level and one in the basement, the only reason they needed two was because it couldn't penetrate the thick concrete and steel ceiling of the basement. Had it been a typical wooden ceiling I bet one would have covered it fine.

I'd start with ordering just one and seeing what the coverage is like, and adding if necessary. Just set it on a counter near the center of the area you want to cover and use it for a day to see if it is sufficient. 

I use the basic 2.4 Unifi at my house, $65 on Amazon right now. One of them covers my small house perfect, and even gets out to my workshop which is about 100 feet from the AP through 5 walls. I only get 3mbps speeds that far out, but prior to this I had used an Almond+, TPLink N600, and a Linksys EA4500 and could not even see them out in the shop. Actually I couldn't even see those in the yard 10 feet outside the house...

I highly highly recommend Ubiquiti products now that I've seen them in action.

The company I work for has a ~15,000 sq ft building with two floors, and they recently swapped out all of their APs for two Unifi Pro's, one on the main level and one in the basement, the only reason they needed two was because it couldn't penetrate the thick concrete and steel ceiling of the basement. Had it been a typical wooden ceiling I bet one would have covered it fine.

I'd start with ordering just one and seeing what the coverage is like, and adding if necessary. Just set it on a counter near the center of the area you want to cover and use it for a day to see if it is sufficient. 

thanks for the input, the closing got pushed back so ill have to wait a little longer.

at ur work how far outside of the building are you getting service?

thanks for the input, the closing got pushed back so ill have to wait a little longer.

at ur work how far outside of the building are you getting service?

It doesn't cover outside very well, 10 feet out you get a little service but it is pretty sketchy. In a normal house it would likely be fine, but it is a concrete building so its hard for the signal to penetrate.

I just talked to our IT guy a bit ago, he had some of the normal 2.4 APs that were going into some of the smaller stores and he took one home to try it and it didn't work near as well as the Pro version did he tried a few weeks ago, so he is getting the Pro for his house. He lives in a dense area of the city, where I live in a small rural subdivision, so I think the 2.4 only AP might have issues when you have a lot of interference. If you were already planning on spending a good amount of money you might want to get the Pro.