My friend build a pc and it is giving him the blue screen

PedroV

So, i am new to tech and pc stuff so is my friend that just upgraded his pc and he manage to use for 10 min before it happened the blue screen apeared.i didn't look at it but does anyone know what it could be? it is his first build and i think he just might have forgotten to plug something into the right place.

This happens to heaps of builders make sure all the cables are pushed in all the way something might have fallen out.

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Is the system overclocked? When it was overclocked was it tested for prolonged periods of time? Are there heat issues? Are there memory issues?

Would recommend you to copy the error code it gives you when it blue screens, and google it, its the best way to find a solution :)

thanks for the help i will be cheking the pc tomorrow and i if i find out what it was i will tell you guys.

And the system is not overclocked.

That happened to me too, i had to increase the ram voltage to 1.55, but you can have a different problem...

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Your processor may be overheating, you may have applied too much thermal compound or not enough.

thank you guys again, i went to his house and the cpu cooler was loose he had only put 2 of the 4 pins. All i did was put it the the right way and everything worked just fine.