Windows 8 Update Failure.

Over the past few weeks I have been attempting to update my windows 8 OS however when I restarted my computer it gets to 15% and then says the update has failed and that it is reverting the changes. I have looked on other forums for people who have had this problem and have tried to restart my computer in safe mode, resulting in it still failing. If anyone can help me out  that would be awesome.

this is happening more and more  now

cant help you there buddy

i dont know why people insist on updating ever since windows 98 i have learned to wait for service packages because there is always a chance an update might break windows

im on win7 sp1 and ill stick to that  until sp2

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Have you tried to download and manually install the updates?

Try a full system reinstall.

OFFTOPIC: :S im not going to update my win 8 from now on. I dnt want to encounter this problem :S .

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I also have a windows 8 update that will not complete no matter what i do... I'm going to reinstall the OS soon :(  It's the last resort I can think of.. I've literally tried EVERYTHING

Have you tried to download and manually install the updates?

Yeah I think I have, as the forum I looked at said to restart it in safemode and change some preferences in the windows update panel; saying that that would manually install them. If you have another way then to do it then I would defiantly give it a try. 

I also have a windows 8 update that will not complete no matter what i do... I'm going to reinstall the OS soon :(  It's the last resort I can think of.. I've literally tried EVERYTHING

Yeah I am thinking of just getting a new OS, as I have had quite a few problems with Windows 8 :/

Yeah I am thinking of just getting a new OS, as I have had quite a few problems with Windows 8 :/

I installed it the day it offically came out and had nothing but problem after problem... I just finally tried it again last week, but I'm also using the godsend 'start is back'... other than the update thing it works 100% and I love it now.  Storage Spaces management is great.

I installed it the day it offically came out and had nothing but problem after problem... I just finally tried it again last week, but I'm also using the godsend 'start is back'... other than the update thing it works 100% and I love it now.  Storage Spaces management is great.

Well if i can get the update working then I will check that out :)

Well if i can get the update working then I will check that out :)

It's amazing... best 3.99 I've spent in a long long time.. 3.99 get's you 2 serials for 2 different windows 8 boxes.  Or you can get 5 serial/licensees for like 4.99

30 day free trial.  Without it, I'd still be on windows 7