Translucent Polymer?

UltimateHawkeye

Hey there

Does anyone know of some translucent plastic that can easily be dyed without losing its translucency and is preferably cheap?

Cheers

You can buy color tinted acrylic, not sure on anything that is easily die-able. 

transparent-acrylic-colors-sample-307.jp

Hey there

Does anyone know of some translucent plastic that can easily be dyed without losing its translucency and is preferably cheap?

Cheers

Acrylic is your best bet since they come in so many varieties they have translucent ones that are pre-colored and ready to go for hard plastic sheets, as for films or thick plastic sheet PET is easy to dye and comes in a variety of thickness. For films windows tints or headlight tints work well.

What color were you looking for?

Damn. Too slow. Anyways, I believe PET is dyeable. It's what plastic bottles are made of. Not sure if you can buy it in sheets though.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Acrylic is your best bet since they come in so many varieties they have translucent ones that are pre-colored and ready to go for hard plastic sheets, as for films or thick plastic sheet PET is easy to dye and comes in a variety of thickness. For films windows tints or headlight tints work well.

What color were you looking for?

Well my idea was to style my case to the theme of Tron. I have the Zalman Z3 Plus and along the top edges it is hollow so I was planning on laser cutting strips of those areas out, replacing them with a tinted plastic then putting LED's beneath them. (Perhaps set up a circuit for the LEDs to blink once or twice on startup)

Well my idea was to style my case to the theme of Tron. I have the Zalman Z3 Plus and along the top edges it is hollow so I was planning on laser cutting strips of those areas out, replacing them with a tinted plastic then putting LED's beneath them. (Perhaps set up a circuit for the LEDs to blink once or twice on startup)

It wouldn't look as seemless, but EL wire would be an easy option if you are going for a Tron look. https://www.google.com/search?q=el+wire+tron&rlz=1C1OPRB_enUS561US561&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=624&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uBvVVLaCIsz5yQSYnYCABQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ