Techies

Dezz

I would like to know how you guys got so interested in computers.

To me it seems that significant part of people that used to play games when they were young and continued to do so even after that became more interested in PCs and technical stuffs (which even includes PC Building!).

What are you feelings, how did you get so interested in these kind of stuffs?

Is there anyone who haven't gave a **** about computers/gaming, but something changed as the time went and now can't live without it?

I'm not speaking about regular using of computer (coz a lot of people use PC daily) I'm speaking about passion toward PC/tech, enjoying stuffs like upgrading/bulding rigs as so.

Every time I'm planning to buy somethig that's connected to tech, I'm like wathing every video that exist about it and when the delivery guy brings the stuff, it's like a child inside of me awakes... I hope everyone here knows that :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

In a hobbyist sense, just because I wanted a good PC, and I researched and became interested in it.

In a professional sense, just being smarter, knowing things others may not, being able to share knowledge, and dat bank.

I would like to know how you guys got so interested in computers.

To me it seems that significant part of people that used to play games when they were young and continued to do so even after that became more interested in PCs and technical stuffs (which even includes PC Building!).

What are you feelings, how did you get so interested in these kind of stuffs?

Is there anyone who haven't gave a **** about computers/gaming, but something changed as the time went and now can't live without it?

I'm not speaking about regular using of computer (coz a lot of people use PC daily) I'm speaking about passion toward PC/tech, enjoying stuffs like upgrading/bulding rigs as so.

Every time I'm planning to buy somethig that's connected to tech, I'm like wathing every video that exist about it and when the delivery guy brings the stuff, it's like a child inside of me awakes... I hope everyone here knows that :D

well why do people like gaming? or sports? or reading? or drawing? I mean i know what you are saying but to be perfectly honest it all really comes down to personal preference. I wouldnt consider myself much of a tech guy. To be honest i joined these forums to have fun in off topic haha! but i suppose people enjoy the sense of commitment it takes to build a PC from scratch. I would assume it gives them a little pleasure (trollers please grow up and dont refer pleasure to sex or anything) and a sense of accomplishment. Many people write books for the sense of adventure it gives them when they create a universe on pages and artists paint to bring expression to life. Upgrading and building rigs i would assume has accomplishment in it. you leave a legacy behind with every action you take and building/upgrading rigs adds to that. While im not all that interested in building PCs myself i can see why people do and for that they have my respect :) 

When we got our first personal computer with Windows 2000. I fell in love with it and embraced the dial up speeds. Explored the net and extended my hobbies with PC gaming. My mom used to go to college for computer engineering(never finished) and taught me some of the basics and history of computers, wafers, and transistors. 

I always wanted to get into PC gaming again and knew more about software than hardware around 5 years ago. Within a year I knew a lot about hardware thanks to Linus and many others.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

When I was very little my mum used to sit me on her lap and let me draw shapes on Microsoft word (it was a Dell PC, don't remember much else about it though), it all stemmed from there, I had a little IBM PC running Windows 2000 (no internet) that I usually used to draw things in Microsoft paint and then use them in the 'Maze' screensaver, play Lego Racers and watch DVDs. When I went to nursery I would always either go to the magnets or to the eMac they had there, they usually had a program to teach you the letters of the alphabet on there. In reception I would also go to the eMacs, these ones weren't locked into only one program and I could go on the Cbeebies website and play games. In year 3 I bought an iBook G3 from ebay, and I loved it, came with a two old games (demios rising and ottomatic I believe), had the OS9 emulator built in, I didn't get the internet on it until a while after, at some point I also upgraded to OSX leopard. I learnt to use the Unix Shell on that thing thanks to the MacFormat magazine. It died when I was in year 5 if I remember correctly. At by year 6 I had learnt basic HTML (which I learnt from a club penguin related site), basic Batch and was ok at GML (which started after I wanted to make a game and realised that Sploder wasn't good enough for what I wanted to do), I also experimented with 3DRad. At that point we also had a Toshiba Sattelite (who's hard drive I'm actually using in my rig). When I was in year 7 the yoyogames forum (a place where I hung out alot) ended (you can see the archive here: http://mcmonkey.org/YYGF/classic/index.html) it was a very nice community. year 8 and 9 were kinda boring, but now in year 10 I've learnt binary, learnt hex, learnt smallBasic, learnt Python, made my own raytracer (I think it's a raytracer, some people say it's not a raytracer but whatever), built my own computer and I'm in the middle of making a 4-bit CPU in minecraft!

That's most of it tbh

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15