Mini-jack splitter BOX w/ vol adjust, 2 outputs

Vfo

So I need a splitter box for 3.5mm jacks with individual volume adjustments without any amplifiers or anything else inside - just purely volume control between two different outputs (does not need to be able to play simultainously).

I can find plenty of jack CABLES with volume adjusters for 2 way split, but I would like a box to sit on my desk for easy access so I don't have to fiddle with the cables behind the desk.

Essentially;

Buttons for output 1 and 2

Volume slider for 1 and 2 (seperate)

NO amplifier/dac/change - simple passthrough (with resistance? correct term?)

Suppose it could be a mixer of some sort, but I don't want any noise/hissing to be added from this (had bad experience with this before, perhaps because of the cheap model I got ~$60).

I might be overlooking something simple - long day and all. Any input/ideas are greatly appreciated.

"ultra low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers for outstanding audio performance - the same op amps found in its much bigger brethren. "

"Ultra-compact 4-channel line mixer to mix 4 line (MONO) signal source"

Will the noise be easy to hear if nothing is playing? My speakers use a powersaving mode that automatically turns them on/off depending on receiving sound.

Will they make the signal play only MONO? I would like stereo.

Good suggestion though, looks amazing! :)

I don't know, sorry. Was the only thing I could find on Amazon. I know there's passive volume controls you can get for a single input, never seen one with a switch for 2 or more inputs. Might be something you have to DIY.

I don't know, sorry. Was the only thing I could find on Amazon. I know there's passive volume controls you can get for a single input, never seen one with a switch for 2 or more inputs. Might be something you have to DIY.

I'll try that, thanks :)

I made a topic for this (hopefully in the correct section?)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/305637-audio-minijack-35mm-1input2outputs-mixer-with-vol-control-diy-need-help/

It's powered and with no individual offswitch. I would like to avoid that if possible.

I'll keep it in mind in case my DIY ends up going wrong :)

Thanks for the suggestion!