HTC one M8 Android 5

I've recently updated to lollipop on my htc one, which imho was a complete was of time. I've noticed a few problem which - whilst only small, are extremely frustrating. So here is somewhere for people to list the benifits or problems they've noticed.

Here's my list...

Pros:

-Nice lock screen, shows messaged and notifications clearly

-Task manager is better as you can see more apps

-Theres a quick clean tool built in

Cons:

-It's slowed the phone down.. to a crawl at times

-It filled the phone up, and cleaning caches only clear about a gig of space

-The keyboard doesn't pop up sometimes, and so you have to restart the phone to get it back

-Where you could reselect a word after typing and it would re-recommend words, it no longer does... just moves the insertions line round

Your turn :) 

Try factory resetting it. That can help with the speed issues. A reboot simply won't do.

The one thing that really bothers me is that the Facebook app is on by default and can't be disabled. I loathe facebook, so don't want it anywhere near my phone.

The health nonsense app (ANT-something) is a close second on the list of annoyances. That too can't be turned off and is scanning for wristbands and whatnot, hence using resources for an option I'll never use.

The second I find a root option for 5.0.1 I'm rooting mine and getting rid of the bloatware.

Another irritating thing is redialing. I often have to call a voice automated line several times a day for work, and need to use the #31# prefix to block my caller ID (if the system reads my number it thinks I'm a customer rather than a professional).

On 4.4 I could just call again, but on 5.0 the last dialed number is displayed (and hence called) without the #31# prefix.

Seriously considering getting in touch with HTC and asking for a KitKat RUU so I can roll back.

Hi,

Many has this problem , freezing and hangs up after updating to lollipop. Try resetting your mobile once so that it can work better.. 

Lollipop for Sense 6 was delayed for pretty much all carriers in the United States, only unlocked and developer versions got it. 

I guess they're going to fix all those issues that you guys have posted before pushing it out to us. 

Shame they couldn't keep the 90 day promise, but whatever. 

I'm experiencing the same, although a couple of reboots sort of fixed the performance issues for me. The keyboard problem you are talking about... got that one today too (using Swiftkey), tried to kill the Swiftkey process, didn't help... The only solution was a reboot once again.

All the graphical transition effects they added are nice and all, but seriously, KitKat was way faster. While I'm enjoying some new features in Lollipop, I'd go back to 4.4.4 any day, because it was just more stable. Think they kinda rushed it...

Has anyone found a way to close all apps in the multitasking overview? Maybe I missed it  :D .

I'm experiencing the same, although a couple of reboots sort of fixed the performance issues for me. The keyboard problem you are talking about... got that one today too (using Swiftkey), tried to kill the Swiftkey process, didn't help... The only solution was a reboot once again.

All the graphical transition effects they added are nice and all, but seriously, KitKat was way faster. While I'm enjoying some new features in Lollipop, I'd go back to 4.4.4 any day, because it was just more stable. Think they kinda rushed it...

Has anyone found a way to close all apps in the multitasking overview? Maybe I missed it  :D .

Yeah you can close all by changing the layout from card view to grid. When the tasks are up click the dot, go to settings, then to layout

Yeah you can close all by changing the layout from card view to grid. When the tasks are up click the dot, go to settings, then to layout

Ah yes indeed, that one works. I have found another issue by the way... I always use Spotify in offline mode to play songs in my car (Volkswagen) through bluetooth, but for some reason the music sometimes stutters since the update. Might as well be a bad update from Spotify though, can't tell for sure  :unsure: .

Copy-pasting has become a nuisance too. Copying is all done with very similarly-looking icons now. the icon looking like a single page is "select all", the double page is "copy". I can understand the latter, but the former is just plain stupid.

Pasting is even worse. Sometimes you need to long-press to get the "paste" button, sometimes simply pressing somewhere to move your cursor triggers it. the "paste" button is also right where your finger will be, so if you're not careful when you move the cursor to edit something, you'll be pasting stuff in there instead.

Got in touch with HTC and asked which RUU I need. They ruined my phone, so IMO they have to fix it. I need this phone for work and it's just useless at that now.

I took my sim out and got a nano to regular adapter so I could put it back in my old Desire. After 2 days with Lollipop, Froyo is a pleasure to work with.