best motherboard 400$

pls tell me what the best motherboard is pls:-)

What socket?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Unless you are interested in pouring cash into a build, and I'm talking 3-4 way SLI/CrossfireX - I wouldn't even touch a $400 motherboard.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

just dont get the Z87 Asus maximus VI extreme because its an over priced peace of shit which you pay $200 more just for a stupid OC panel and on board sound which you don't even need

Unless you plan on going 4 graphics cards (and i mean 4 seperate cards, not SLi 690s or Crossfire 7990s) don't spend this much on a board 

Its kinda pointless getting 4 graphics cards as the scaling will go to hell and the drivers are bad so quite a lot of the time one gpu will gtfo and not do anything.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Get either the new gigabyte U3H or an msi gaming GD65 for haswell. Pretty much as much as you need and good value for money.

400$ for mobo :P you "loco" or something.....that much money you only give if your building a kickass Workstation (code name money maker) !!!

in any other case you are throwing your money away.

For a gaming pc? Whatever Asus motherboard happens to be the latest, most expensive and highest end.

For a server? Sorry, but you can't get much for that price. A single socket Opteron 6xxx perhaps. A dual socket 4xxx if you're lucky.

For a workstation? A single socket Opteron 6xxx or a single socket Xeon E5/E3. E3 motherboards can be found for around 200 but E5 mobo maybe slightly harder to find for that price.

But what makes you want a 400 dollar motherboard? Usually people say things like "Cheapest Haswell mobo with dual PCI-E x8" or "Best motherboard for a sandy bridge sli gaming rig".

Try to be a bit more specific until then i'd recommend "Axiomtek PICO820".

• 4 weeks later...

Well If you have your heart set on a pc to pour money into, look no further! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-H8DGI-Dual-Opteron-6100-or-6300-AMD-SR5690-EATX-Server-Motherboard-/171036796544?pt=Motherboards&hash=item27d2966680

Dual socket G34 In all its glory! I would reccomend dual 16 core opterons to go with, and at least 256gb of ram

For 2011, it's probably the Gigabyte X79 UD5H or Asus Rampage 4 extreme

For 1150, it's either the G1 sniper 5, if you have 3+ graphics cards, or the Gigabyte UD3H, if you are an average user (seriously, this board has everything except a PLX chip and high quality audio)

For 1155, it's the G1 Sniper 3, if you have 3+ graphics cards, or 2 high end ones and a Sandy Bridge chip, or the Z77 UP5, if you are a normal user.

If you don't know what your options are at that pricepoint you've got no need for any $400 motherboard.

Most people who purchase the highest end motherboards makes absolutely no use of any of the features they are paying an extra $200 for.