OnePlus One

Alton1231
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

There is only a $100 or less difference between the 970 and the 280X, and that is not enough for any decent phone, much less the OnePlus One, which is $250/300.

right, well by the sound of it your phone needs an upgrade, and that way you'll have a great phone(very beefy, it'll last you a good while). 

And with the 470 you'll still be able to play games :) I guess its the best opytion that way you have both, instead of just one. 

I currently have the worst "smart" phone I have ever seen, and today I got an invite to buy a OnePlus One. I am also building a computer, and I am getting a free GTX 470 from my brother. I had previously planned to upgrade to a GTX 970 once I had sold my old PC, but now I might just use the 470 and get the OnePlus One with the money that I would have spent on the GTX 970. Should I get the GTX 970 or the OnePlus One?

just get the phone and then start saving for a gpu again imo. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

just get the phone and then start saving for a gpu again imo. 

My only source of income is the Holidays. I can't save again for another year.

Go the used 290 route then

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's a GTX 470, not a 290.

My only source of income is the Holidays. I can't save again for another year.

ah.. I see.. a 970 sure would last you a long time, i guess it depends how much time you spend on the go and looking at social media.

If your more of a just calls and texts guy, id say the gpu.  

Yeah thats not  a bad idea, get a god value gpu, 280/280x for example and then spend the rest on a decent phone :) 

It's a GTX 470, not a 290.

I mean get the one plus one and save for a 290 which is about have the price but the same power. Meaning you wait 6 months instead of 12 or 3 if you get it used

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

ah.. I see.. a 970 sure would last you a long time, i guess it depends how much time you spend on the go and looking at social media.

If your more of a just calls and texts guy, id say the gpu.  

I would use the phone quite a bit. Also, my current phone is so bad that it would almost be worth it just for the calls and texts. My phone occasionally just drops the keyboard when I'm trying to text, or has the keyboard up when I'm calling in the way of the hang up button. 

I mean get the one plus one and save for a 290 which is about have the price but the same power. Meaning you wait 6 months instead of 12 or 3 if you get it used

I only get money in the holidays. The only options are GTX 970 and OnePlus One, or GTX 470 and no phone.

get the oneplus one :) I'm using one to type this!! had mine since July and love it, specially with the bamboo styleswap!!

failing that I always get invites so if you want one at a later date just pm me and I'm sure I can rustle you one up.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Yeah thats not  a bad idea, get a god value gpu, 280/280x for example and then spend the rest on a decent phone :)

There is only a $100 or less difference between the 970 and the 280X, and that is not enough for any decent phone, much less the OnePlus One, which is $250/300.

one plus one and gtx 470 now and 3 months later get a r9 290x

one plus one and gtx 470 now and 3 months later get a r9 290x

IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE SOLVED BY WAITING. I WILL NOT HAVE ANY MONEY UNTIL DECEMBER. THERE ARE ONLY TWO OPTIONS HERE, AND YOU ARE IGNORING THEM.

right, well by the sound of it your phone needs an upgrade, and that way you'll have a great phone(very beefy, it'll last you a good while). 

And with the 470 you'll still be able to play games :) I guess its the best opytion that way you have both, instead of just one.