Ultrawide Monitor or Normal Monitors

_Epix_

Hey, im getting a new PC and Im gonna get a new monitor. Im planning to either get one ultrawide monitor (29inches) or get one normal monitor (23 or 29 in.) and maybe get one more later. Im stuck between these two choices. So, can you guys help me with this decision? Thanks :D

Edit: I'll be using it mainly for gaming, but there will be also little video editing and etc. 

If you have the horsepower, ultrawide.

If your like the rest of us plebs, normal. 24@1080p, 27 inch @1440p.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I would go for ultra wide.I have one and is the dream.Is really really useful for all kinds of activity from editing to rendering,movies and browsing.As for the gaming part well you will need a strong gpu depending on the resolution also it will take a while to adapt to it but in the end you will love it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Can one 980 be able to do the job? What ultrawide are you using?

Horsepower? for 33% more pixels than 1080p?... lol, u funny guys. Horse power is used to measure horses and cars in scientifically illiterate countries! 

Anyway. Ye, def go for an ultrawide. Its like rediscovering gaming... youll go through your entire steam library, cuz youll want to try everything on it.

Once you go 21:9, you cant go back, 16:9 feels like pure claustrophobia or "racehorse with blinders", its even better than 3 monitor bezelfinity setups.

Same can be said for variable refresh rate and IPS tho.

Luckily theres a 29" 21:9 IPS, freesync, 75hz, 2560x1080 monitor coming from LG in a month... FOR 330 EUR! Yes, i know.

Oh and, dont buy an overpriced 980. Get a 290 (nonx) for half that price, will be almost the same perf and more than enough, and youll need it to use freesync in games.

Wow, 330 Euros... But unfortunately, the LG resellers in my country are not bringing in any of their UltraWide Screens ATM :( any other good suggestions? Is Dell's 29" U2913WM a good choice?