The best monitor for this build?

MrSushi

Hello.

What do you think is the best gaming monitor solution for this build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RBF7dC

Thank you for replying.

I'd say an asus PB287Q :) I made an unboxing of it if you're interested, link in my signature.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why so small an ssd? Do you already have one? 128b is just small to begin with, even if you aren't using it as your boot drive. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

rog swift

rog swift

Is it true that rog swift delivers the best gaming experience? I have heard that 21:9 are even more immersive.

rog swift

i wont get 144fps with that setup will i?

Is it true that rog swift delivers the best gaming experience? I have heard that 21:9 are even more immersive.

Currently there is no single choice that you could say "delivers best gaming xp"... its all tradeoffs. I just said rog swift, cuz your build has an SLI of 970s.

I personally would wait a month and get the 34um67 for 500EUR or 29um67 for 330EUR. 34" and 29" respectively, and both are 1080p 21:9 IPS, 75hz, freesync, which in my opinion would deliver the most addictive and enjoyable gaming this year for a very good price. But you need a 290 for it.

And then later this year there comes the Acer xr341ck. That can definitely be called a clear cut choice of the best gaming monitor and the holy grail before OLED becomes standard(which will take 3-5 years).

Currently there is no single choice that you could say "delivers best gaming xp"... its all tradeoffs. I just said rog swift, cuz your build has an SLI of 970s.

I personally would wait a month and get the 34um67 for 500EUR or 29um67 for 330EUR. 34" and 29" respectively, and both are 1080p 21:9 IPS, 75hz, freesync, which in my opinion would deliver the most addictive and enjoyable gaming this year for a very good price. But you need a 290 for it.

And then later this year there comes the Acer xr341ck. That can definitely be called a clear cut choice of the best gaming monitor and the holy grail before OLED becomes standard(which will take 3-5 years).

I would love to see 144hz ultrawide IPS monitor under 800€  :wub:  :D

I would love to see 144hz ultrawide IPS monitor under 800€  :wub:  :D

You and me both.

IF they also make a freesync version of that curved 144hz 1440p 21:9 acer, it will still cost a grand of EUR, i bet...

so, dunno, it will be a while before this shit is affordable by the working class

however, 75hz on 34" of IPS 21:9 for 500eur seems to me like a VERY good way to enjoy games, having that 75hz is such a big deal. If it was 60hz it would be a disappointment and people would keep holding out for 120hz versions, but 75hz makes it "really OK", yet not perfect