First gaming build $2400 in Australia

Hey everyone I'm building my first gaming pc and i have a pretty good budget :) (sadly it's in Australian though so everything is overpriced...) I've been getting advice from the forums on pcpartpicker and after a while I've come up with this. I have a 980 and I'll add a second on later. I only have one stick of 8gb memory since that is OKAY at the moment and I will add another one in the near future. I went with the 4690k so i can overclock a tiny bit and learn from it. Also i got the membrane keyboard with the cheap bundle since I'm fine with that. I love the S340 case with a red and black theme and I like the look and quality of MSi stuff so I went with that. Any thoughts on how to improve the build to the most out of this budget?

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/KYcQgs

You are one of the few people who actually state what is needed in these posts; budget, place, what you're using it for and most importantly the PCPartPicker of your plan. THANK YOU!

You've got a really nice plan there and if you can get another 980 like you said above, then that would be even better if you can afford it. Motherboard, CPU, RAM, cooler, SSD, HDD pretty much all of it is all really wise choices in my opinion. Your PSU should be good also.

Maybe take a look at the NZXT H440, it's like the S340 but in my opinion looks better and not for too much more. Maybe check that out. 

Good luck. 

Thanks 

You are one of the few people who actually state what is needed in these posts; budget, place, what you're using it for and most importantly the PCPartPicker of your plan. THANK YOU!

You've got a really nice plan there and if you can get another 980 like you said above, then that would be even better if you can afford it. Motherboard, CPU, RAM, cooler, SSD, HDD pretty much all of it is all really wise choices in my opinion. Your PSU should be good also.

Maybe take a look at the NZXT H440, it's like the S340 but in my opinion looks better and not for too much more. Maybe check that out. 

Good luck. 

The build looks great.  The SSD could be a little bigger so you can have more programs on it.

Thanks, I'm glad I've got the list eight and I've posted the topic right :)

I won't get a second 980 now but in the future I will, maybe a few months after I put my PC together

And I only think I'd need the OS and maybe like games I play all the time on the SSD otherwise I'm fine putting them on the HDD but thanks anyways for the suggestion :)

Oh Australia.... Still nice build  ;)

EDIT: For 140$ bucks more you could get an i7-4790K.... but if it's just for gaming the i5-4690K Will do it just as good

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I checked the prices of all these stuff on Amazon and the price came out to be $1560 ($840 cheaper xD). Any chance you can ship from Amazon? I live in Australia and am able to :) If you can you'd be able to get that PC for $1500 :)

Most places you can ship from Amazon. But with the added cost of postage & with the Aus$ being at around. 80cUS, It doesn't work out that much cheaper. And in case you need to replace something under warranty. It's easier if brought in Aust.

Sucks I know

Most places you can ship from Amazon. But with the added cost of postage & with the Aus$ being at around. 80cUS, It doesn't work out that much cheaper. And in case you need to replace something under warranty. It's easier if brought in Aust. Sucks I know

You can get a lot of stuff off Amazon for free shipping and if something fails it only takes a few days to send back. I doubt the shipping costs would even come close to $800, maybe $100 but that's still significantly cheaper.

@jordi_bear,

I would suggest a 2x4GB memory kit to take advantage of dual channel memory operation. You would still be able to add another 2x4GB or even a 2xiGB kit should you want to upgrade. G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory is the same price as the kit in the OP list.

You might consider the Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) motherboard. It has dual band a/b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0. It is only a few dollars more than the MSI motherboard plus the TP-Link card.

I wouldn't bother with the AF-140 fan. The X31 has a fan which brings the total to three. That should be enough to set up decent air flow through the case.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

See if MSY have any of the parts cheaper. http://msy.com.au

Desktop: 16gb Ram, i7-2600k, GTX 560 OC.    Laptop: i7, 8gb DDR3, 840m GPU

Server 1 (Files and AD): i3 3220, 4gb DDR3, 1TB Western Digital Blue, Overkill motherboard I got for free (better than main computer) changed to xeon, don't remember exactly what but xeon version of the processor  and 8gb ECC Ram   Server 2 (games): 8gb Ram, i5, Geforce 710m

You can get a lot of stuff off Amazon for free shipping and if something fails it only takes a few days to send back. I doubt the shipping costs would even come close to $800, maybe $100 but that's still significantly cheaper.

ATM I have a Intel i7 4790k in checkout on Amazon. The chip is $335 US.

On currency exchange with AUS$ is $448 without shipping.

I can get that chip from PLE Local Perth Western Australia for $449, off the shelf, no delivery needed.

Most other components are $20 - $30 cheaper on Amazon with shipping. With waiting time of around 10 - 14 days.

I also think the poster is looking at the prices on Amazon in US$ & not exchanging into AUS$

Even after converting to AUD it's $4-500 cheaper than buying everything in Australia.

Also stuff that I ordered from Amazon arrived in less than a week (3 headphones and 5 PS4 games).

You can get 2x R9 290x. More performance, but not future proof.

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

Even after converting to AUD it's $4-500 cheaper than buying everything in Australia.

Also stuff that I ordered from Amazon arrived in less than a week (3 headphones and 5 PS4 games).

Did any duties and taxes have to be paid?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.