amd driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered

guimauve522

You aren't folding in the background are you? I get the error when I forget to pause before loading up 3D games.

What is folding? 

I think ur PSU is to small.

500W??

You can look at it in my first post my build is there

What model PSU? 500w on the label doesnt necessarilly mean 500W. It could be a gutless wonder that came with a case and its ripple prevention is just so trash that it's causing these kinds of problems.

I think ur PSU is to small.

500W??

For you too : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fjPgrH

Great build for the price. That PSU is perfectly fine. Seems like either something is going wrong with your drivers, or your GPU chip is just on the edge of passing its binning and so you need to RMA it. It's hard to tell at this point, but the drivers would be the easiest.

Go to device manager (right click on "this PC" (NOT your C:\ drive) and hit "manage", then go to device manager)

Open the drop down menu for display adapters

Right click on your GPU and hit properties

Hit the "Driver" tab and tell us what what you see

Great build for the price. That PSU is perfectly fine. Seems like either something is going wrong with your drivers, or your GPU chip is just on the edge of passing its binning and so you need to RMA it. It's hard to tell at this point, but the drivers would be the easiest.

Go to device manager (right click on "this PC" (NOT your C:\ drive) and hit "manage", then go to device manager)

Open the drop down menu for display adapters

Right click on your GPU and hit properties

Hit the "Driver" tab and tell us what what you see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqc41u0luljkxp5/kkkkkkkkk.PNG?dl=0

Darn, looks fine to me. I'm stumped unless it's actually a physical problem with the card. Have you tried supplying more voltage to it to see if that makes these crashes go away? If so, you just got a bad chip in it. Basically, if this is the problem, you lost the silicone lottery, hard.

It doesn't sound like it, but just to double check, you haven't OC'd anything right? You've left the BCLK in your bios completely alone, right?

Darn, looks fine to me. I'm stumped unless it's actually a physical problem with the card. Have you tried supplying more voltage to it to see if that makes these crashes go away? If so, you just got a bad chip in it. Basically, if this is the problem, you lost the silicone lottery, hard.

It doesn't sound like it, but just to double check, you haven't OC'd anything right? You've left the BCLK in your bios completely alone, right?

I haven't OC'd myself but my card is a OC edition, I went into the bios and disabled it. And I tried to increase the voltage but it seem like my card is OC lock so I can't.

What's the BCLK

OCing the GPU isn't done in the bios. Any changes to the bios could be problematic. You can't really do anything with regards to the GPU in the bios besides turn off the PCIE it's in, unless things have changed drastically (I'm still using an old x58 board myself). GPU changes are done in the OS, via the catalyst control center.

BCLK is your baseclock, and if you changed that, you overclock everything (memory, bus, cache, CPU, everything, except GPU because that's completely separate), and can result in system instabilities. You might want to reset your bios settings to stock, because I have no idea what you mean by "disabled it" since it's not something you can change in bios.

cccoverdrive.jpg

That's what the control settings look like in catalyst control center. Check the "Enable Graphics Overdrive" and then try moving the circle to the right. See if that solves your problems.

mine did that once because it overheated (was messing with fan speeds trying to cool down the fans as much as possible. But if you haven't touched any settings sounds like either a faulty card or bad drivers which wouldn't make sense

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

I know nobody has mentioned this but did you specify the card as the primary grapchics in BIOS on your board? It's rare but I have heard of issues of onboard graphics affecting the dedicated one. Rule of Thumb, disable anything you don't intend to use.

OCing the GPU isn't done in the bios. Any changes to the bios could be problematic. You can't really do anything with regards to the GPU in the bios besides turn off the PCIE it's in, unless things have changed drastically (I'm still using an old x58 board myself). GPU changes are done in the OS, via the catalyst control center.

BCLK is your baseclock, and if you changed that, you overclock everything (memory, bus, cache, CPU, everything, except GPU because that's completely separate), and can result in system instabilities. You might want to reset your bios settings to stock, because I have no idea what you mean by "disabled it" since it's not something you can change in bios.

cccoverdrive.jpg

That's what the control settings look like in catalyst control center. Check the "Enable Graphics Overdrive" and then try moving the circle to the right. See if that solves your problems.

What I meant by OC in the bios is that with my gpu I can enable or disable the OC option of my card

I know nobody has mentioned this but did you specify the card as the primary grapchics in BIOS on your board? It's rare but I have heard of issues of onboard graphics affecting the dedicated one. Rule of Thumb, disable anything you don't intend to use.

I don't have an onboard gpu so it cannot be that...

What I meant by OC in the bios is that with my gpu I can enable or disable the OC option of my card

How exactly? I'm not aware of this even being a possibility, and I thought I knew an awful lot. As far as I know, GPU settings cannot be changed in the bios.

I don't have an onboard gpu so it cannot be that...

You do have an onboard GPU. In this case, iGPU, or integrated GPU is more accurate as it's the GPU that's integrated on your CPU, the i5-4440.

How exactly? I'm not aware of this even being a possibility, and I thought I knew an awful lot. As far as I know, GPU settings cannot be changed in the bios.

You do have an onboard GPU. In this case, iGPU, or integrated GPU is more accurate as it's the GPU that's integrated on your CPU, the i5-4440.

Hum I don't know how to explain that to you haha when I launch my computer I click on f11 I think to go in the bios then there's a OC section where I can enable or disable it and I can also change my fan speed and a lot of other things

Hum I don't know how to explain that to you haha when I launch my computer I click on f11 I think to go in the bios then there's a OC section where I can enable or disable it and I can also change my fan speed and a lot of other things

That's for the CPU. If you don't know what you're doing, you could end up with a very unstable system, and this could be the result of a BCLK overclock which you might have done accidentally. Please return everything in your bios to stock and then only change your GPU settings via the Catalyst Control Center.

That's for the CPU. If you don't know what you're doing, you could end up with a very unstable system, and this could be the result of a BCLK overclock which you might have done accidentally. Please return everything in your bios to stock and then only change your GPU settings via the Catalyst Control Center.

Oh ok I touhgh it was for the GPU since it was a OC edition :S Sorry about that. But I only clicked on the button to disable it that's all

How do I desactivate my onboard GPU?

How do I desactivate my onboard GPU?

There's no need. In some cases, like streaming using Quicksync, you want the iGPU active.

All settings in bios should be completely stock/original, and then increase power limit in Catalyst Control Center. Then continue testing and see if the error persists. If it still does, consider lowering the GPU clock speed using CCC.

There's no need. In some cases, like streaming using Quicksync, you want the iGPU active.

All settings in bios should be completely stock/original, and then increase power limit in Catalyst Control Center. Then continue testing and see if the error persists. If it still does, consider lowering the GPU clock speed using CCC.

I did all you said and I seem to crash more often even sometimes when not in games 0.o ... I'm starting to feel really bad about buing that piece of shit 

Try install MSI Afterburner and tick "Force constant voltage" in the Settings. Reboot. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Try install MSI Afterburner and tick "Force constant voltage" in the Settings. Reboot. 

I'll try that and see if it work :) I'm desperate right now... I can't even play game on my new pc I bought for that -.- 

I'll try that and see if it work :) I'm desperate right now... I can't even play game on my new pc I bought for that -.-

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had similar problems with my 290. Months and months of problems and 3 RMA's. I could only get the card to work properly if i did a custom install of Catalyst and installed the graphics driver only. That eventually didnt work as a fix either. I finally got fed up and swore i would never buy AMD again. Try using different driver versions and only install the driver itself. The other stuff is crap anyway imo. Good luck hope you get it sorted out.

Edit: Also down clocking kept it stable sometimes.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Sorry to hear about your problems. I had similar problems with my 290. Months and months of problems and 3 RMA's. I could only get the card to work properly if i did a custom install of Catalyst and installed the graphics driver only. That eventually didnt work as a fix either. I finally got fed up and swore i would never buy AMD again. Try using different driver versions and only install the driver itself. The other stuff is crap anyway imo. Good luck hope you get it sorted out. Edit: Also down clocking kept it stable sometimes.

Well for now It seem to have stopped :) But i'll do what you said just to be sure! And when I'll have the money I'll buy a nvidia card even if I don't like them

Well for now It seem to have stopped :) But i'll do what you said just to be sure! And when I'll have the money I'll buy a nvidia card even if I don't like them

Im not saying you should go Nvidia im just sharing my experience and many others with the 290 cards. This is why i wont recommend them anymore. No matter how much they lower the price.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?