Samsung's mobile profits plunge 64.2% after Apple's iPhone 6 devastates premium Galaxy sales

Victorious Secret

Two words.

Change launcher.

TouchWiz is a easy problem to solve, but it frustrates me that each version keeps becoming more...obtuse. 

I would still like to go for a Note 4, and of course I'd go vanilla Android on it without a moments hesitation, but damn if some of their decisions as a company don't rustle my jimmies. Maybe because I care. OR maybe because this seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy based off everything I ever suggested during my time there. 

Wow you sure hate Samsung.

I do agree that Samsung needs to simplify their line though. Having ~4 phones should be enough. Low end, mid range, high end and phablet. With a bit of careful planning you might even be able to pull of having a single device that covers both the low and mid range.

The S5 is mediocre today, but it was released almost a year ago. Your OPO does not destroy it in all scenarios (no removable battery, no expandable storage, worse camera, display is worse in some areas, performance is about the same, far worse when it comes to LTE support and so on). That's to be expected though since the OPO is far cheaper (and overall far better value).

Samsung has cut down on the amount of bloat and you can remove the things they still have left. It had to go so far that a law had to be passed (in Korea) for them to do it, but now you can uninstall pretty much everything.

Now if only Apple's profits could plummet so some other companies could get a piece of the mobile market. My S4 broke a few weeks ago and the first though in my head was "oh fuck, there is not a good phone on the market, so what should I get now?". Luckily I got it repaired for free (fuck yeah, 2 year warranty) but the only phone I was even mildly considering getting was the OPO. Not because it's a fantastic phone but because it is the cheapest "high end" phone I could get.

Yeah on paper maybe I have an S5 in my house and my OPO i can directly compare them. The S5 is still sluggish and I have the 64gb version for the OPO. Also from my experience (atleast for me) you keep a smartphone for 2 years before it starts dying bit by bit so the battery should be OK because they last for 2 years easily. But then each one has different usage scenarios, so it doesnt matter what I think. 

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

Did you know... Samsung released 56 phones just in 2014?

samsung2014.jpg

Ok, only 55 if you don't count the Gear S as a "phone".

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

-snip-

Jesus. Christ. 

-snip-

To be fair, some of those are region specific, and some are just minor tweaks.

I mean...

Galaxy S 5

Galaxy S 5 (octa-core aka Korean/European version)

Galaxy S5 CDMA

Galaxy S 5 Sport (Just a Galaxy S 5 but with physical buttons and a slightly changed back. It's Sprints version of the Galaxy S 5)

Galaxy S 5 Duo (dual SIM version)

If you count each phone multiple times (because the US and EU need different versions) then of course the list will be long.

Don't get me wrong, Samsung are releasing way too many phones but saying that they released 56 phones is not the whole truth.

My experience with the S3 put me off Samsung phones. It just felt incredibly cheap and made me dislike Android. So I switched back to an iPhone. Then I had to buy an Android device for development work and tried out the HTC One M8 due to its similarity to the iPhone in feel. And it's my daily driver phone now. The phone feels so much better in my hand than the S3 and the S5 (who thought that fake leather back was a good idea?). Never tried the S4, but I heard it was better than the S3. HTC's Sense is also on a whole different level than Samsung's TouchWiz.

So all in all, I'm not surprised Samsung is losing customers to Apple and other Android manufacturers.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

I'm sure your friend and dad are astronauts too, it's irrelevant to the discussion of SAMSUNGS financial results. You doubt these numbers? You can pull them from Samsung themselves if you wish.

This isn't some conspiracy against Android, this isn't what this thread is about at all. Jesus, why do people get so sensitive about these things? I didn't make a "DAE ANDROID IS SHITE!?" Topic. Did I? I simply made one referencing Samsungs failing with their mobile sales and the competition they specifically are facing and how it's eating their business.

If you want to take it off topic into some gerrymandering iOS v Android malarkey, do it elsewhere.

No actually they are the king and queen of the UK.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide