[Moar POWAR!] Laser Firing Peasant Evaporator - A.K.A - iFrostys' New Build!

iFrostys
So I guess we'll start of with the specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
  • CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P-D3
  • Memory: 12gb DRR3 (2x4gb HyperX Fury | 2x2gb Kingston ValueRAM)
  • SSD: 240gb Crucial M500
  • HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda
  • GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming 2gb GDDR5
  • PSU: Corsair CX750m - 750w Semi Modular Power Supply
  • Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Quick Information:

The reason for the mixed RAM & Mid-range GPU is this; they were both re-used from my old PC. Now the RAM I am really not bothered about, as it performs really nicely and it's still 12gb... The Kingston stuff isn't the best as it;s only 1600Mhz, but when I care enough about it I'll just buy another 8gb kit of HyperX Fury.

The GPU was reused simply because I didn't have the funding to replace it at the time and it was the nesest component in my old PC. I will be replacing it next month when I get paid hopefully, and I still get decent FPS on high end games so it's not a major concern at the moment.

Pictures:

- All of the components ready to go!-

LJsnkzo.jpg

- Finished Build! -

CsaJOJV.jpg

- Random Closeup #1 -

Pc1KAzv.jpg

- Random Closeup #2 -

za3kDJZ.jpg

- Finished Build With Case Shut! -

7t4tpfh.jpg

I know my cable-management isn't the best, but it's far from the worst. I plan on getting sleeved cables soon so I didn't spend too much time on this, but I made it look nice. Please ignore the disgusting fingerprints that the flash made obvious, I've cleaned them lol! Hope you like my build, comment your opinions!

Looks nice and clean, good job mate. Also, that small difference in RAM speed is no big deal, I'm glad you didn't throw away/sold your older RAM sticks. :D

Looks nice and clean, good job mate. Also, that small difference in RAM speed is no big deal, I'm glad you didn't throw away/sold your older RAM sticks. :D

So am I, actually improves render times a tad :) Rendering a 10 minute 1080p 60 fps video in about 30-45 minutes... Can't wait to get my 970 and be complete haha! Thanks for the feedback :).

So am I, actually improves render times a tad :) Rendering a 10 minute 1080p 60 fps video in about 30-45 minutes... Can't wait to get my 970 and be complete haha! Thanks for the feedback :).

970 is a pretty sweet card :) I like it a lot, but if it were me i'd wait and see what happens with that vram issue (i don't know if you're planning on high resolution gaming), and if it's fixed, go at it like Usain Bolt :P

Oh well, if you only play 1080p, then go with 970 all the way :D

On the topic of your build, i like it's looks (and specs) :D It has nice colour balance :) I see a lot of red black builds where you have a ton of red and black, but here it's subtle :D You have a simplistic black case with some red accents, it's quite refreshing and nice :D I also like it you didn't add unnecessary LED's :D

970 is a pretty sweet card :) I like it a lot, but if it were me i'd wait and see what happens with that vram issue (i don't know if you're planning on high resolution gaming), and if it's fixed, go at it like Usain Bolt :P

Oh well, if you only play 1080p, then go with 970 all the way :D

On the topic of your build, i like it's looks (and specs) :D It has nice colour balance :) I see a lot of red black builds where you have a ton of red and black, but here it's subtle :D You have a simplistic black case with some red accents, it's quite refreshing and nice :D I also like it you didn't add unnecessary LED's :D

I don't play at high res, and I don't plan on either - i might go to 1440p but probably not.

Thanks for the comment on the looks, its what I'm going for - I think one thing that would just top it off would be red+black sleeved cables... but that's not happening until I have a watercooled CPU + my 970.

Also, as for led's I'm thinking of buying a couple of white or red led strips and running them at very low voltages (so they are dim) just to lighten up the inside when the case is closed as the side panel is tinted and you can hardly see in it when it's under the desk (flash is on the camera which decreases the tins opacity)  :).

I don't play at high res, and I don't plan on either - i might go to 1440p but probably not.

Thanks for the comment on the looks, its what I'm going for - I think one thing that would just top it off would be red+black sleeved cables... but that's not happening until I have a watercooled CPU + my 970.

Also, as for led's I'm thinking of buying a couple of white or red led strips and running them at very low voltages (so they are dim) just to lighten up the inside when the case is closed as the side panel is tinted and you can hardly see in it when it's under the desk (flash is on the camera which decreases the tins opacity)  :).

Hmm, 970 is good enough for 1440p :D As for black red, you have MSI Twin Frozr V, look at that :)

Also, i recommend white leds :) I think that dimmed white lights will look better in your build :) 

Please don't make it like this :D

350x700px-LL-ec824a10_DSC00401.jpeg

Hmm, 970 is good enough for 1440p :D As for black red, you have MSI Twin Frozr V, look at that :)

Also, i recommend white leds :) I think that dimmed white lights will look better in your build :)

Please don't make it like this :D

350x700px-LL-ec824a10_DSC00401.jpeg

Yeh that's the card I was looking at getting, either that or the G1 from gigabyte :).

It will never look like that haha, that build is the equivalent of a Fiat Punto with a massive spoiler, neons, NOS and chrome spinners xD!

Yeh that's the card I was looking at getting, either that or the G1 from gigabyte :).

It will never look like that haha, that build is the equivalent of a Fiat Punto with a massive spoiler, neons, NOS and chrome spinners xD!

G1 is a pretty nice choice :) It's all black, and it has a backplate (as far as i know, for TwinFrozrV you need to separately order a backplate) :D Hell, any of those two will be beastly cards :)

Nice build :) 

Love the title too! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

G1 is a pretty nice choice :) It's all black, and it has a backplate (as far as i know, for TwinFrozrV you need to separately order a backplate) :D Hell, any of those two will be beastly cards :)

Yeh I would HAVE to have a backplate xD

Nice build :)

Love the title too! 

Thanks buddy! :)