Which mobo would be better.

So there are a lot of motherboards out there but which one of these would be the best for their price. There is a gigabyte Z97M-DS3H available fo 75$ the rest is around a 120$, these are: Z97X Gaming 3, Z97M-Plus, Z97-C, Z97-K,  Z97 Gaming 3 or a Z97-G43 Gaming. In list comparisson the z97x gaming 3 came out as the best.

Well the first one is Matx, the others aren't.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Well the first one is Matx, the others aren't.

The size doesn't rerally matter.

The size doesn't rerally matter.

What does the rest of your system look like? 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

What does the rest of your system look like?

I'm still deciding on a graphixcard. Got a g3258 for verry cheap just a 8gig stick of ram, if more needed i'll get that. and a 1TB harddrive combined with a 40 gig ssd for linux. I'll buy a good psu after i found a good graphixcard. My case supports from matx to eatx

I'm still deciding on a graphixcard. Got a g3258 for verry cheap just a 8gig stick of ram, if more needed i'll get that. and a 1TB harddrive combined with a 40 gig ssd for linux. I'll buy a good psu after i found a good graphixcard. My case supports from matx to eatx

Sounds like an Matx board would be fine then! :)

i'd buy the z97m-plus.

Isn't that a lower-end lan than the z97x gaming 3?

what is the definition of 'lower-end'?

then buy the gaming 3, i'd buy the asus one.

Just tought so from some of the reviews but it looks like its just a different schipset.

Since you're getting the G3258, I'm assuming you're planning on overclocking.  While all of these boards will overclock, I'd get one of the $120ish as they have better power delivery.  It'll make for a more stable system.  But if money is really tight the $75 one should be ok.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Since you're getting the G3258, I'm assuming you're planning on overclocking.  While all of these boards will overclock, I'd get one of the $120ish as they have better power delivery.  It'll make for a more stable system.  But if money is really tight the $75 one should be ok.

I can buy one of the more expensive ones but I was wondering if they where worth it, so they are I asume.

I can buy one of the more expensive ones but I was wondering if they where worth it, so they are I asume.

In my opinion, yes

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

its the same chipset, its z97.

One has killer lan and the other has Intel® I218V

One has killer lan and the other has Intel® I218V

not sure why but a lot of the tech forum hates the Killer LAN and will prefer to use Intel LAN

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

not sure why but a lot of the tech forum hates the Killer LAN and will prefer to use Intel LAN

Is this because of reliabillity?

Is this because of reliabillity?

yea sort of

many stories of Killer dropping connections and such

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

And what's the difference between Realtek ALC1150 and ALC887 for soundquallity. Which would be better? Is it the higher the number the better the quality

And what's the difference between Realtek ALC1150 and ALC887 for soundquallity. Which would be better?

the 1150 has 7.1+2 Channel HD Audio Codec with Content Protection

the 887 is just 7.1