Nvidia's GTX 970 slows down when utilizing more than 3.5 GB of VRAM?

TypingWithClaws

Laptop: ASUS G751JL-BBI7T29 GPU: GeForce GTX 965M 2GB CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ @ 2.6 GHz RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (although I plan on upgrading this to 16 or potentially even 24 GB soon) Storage: 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Mouse: Logitech G300s Headset: Turtle Beach EarForce P11

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and not click on any links while the forums is in this state... Feel free to quote the article

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

“The GeForce GTX 970 is equipped with 4GB of dedicated graphics memory. However the 970 has a different configuration of SMs than the 980, and fewer crossbar resources to the memory system. To optimally manage memory traffic in this configuration, we segment graphics memory into a 3.5GB section and a 0.5GB section. The GPU has higher priority access to the 3.5GB section. When a game needs less than 3.5GB of video memory per draw command then it will only access the first partition, and 3rd party applications that measure memory usage will report 3.5GB of memory in use on GTX 970, but may report more for GTX 980 if there is more memory used by other commands. When a game requires more than 3.5GB of memory then we use both segments.

Now I hope the gtx 970 isn't a true 4gb card stuff stops.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and not click on any links while the forums is in this state... Feel free to quote the article

Shouldn't be any more risk than pressing any link like opening thread etc... So then you shouldn't be doing that either.

Curing shitposts by shitposts