Overclocking mouse

This is not needed anymore, it also doesnt help him as he needs to force 250/500hz on a 125hz device.

What, did they fix that? That's just a barrier to get through when increasing polling rate.

[witty signature]

What, did they fix that? That's just a barrier to get through when increasing polling rate.

It's the mouse that needs better polling rate, not the USB ports

It's the mouse that needs better polling rate, not the USB ports

I am aware, yet that doesn't answer my question of why my suggestion of the registry edit isn't needed anymore.

[witty signature]

I am aware, yet that doesn't answer my question of why my suggestion of the registry edit isn't needed anymore.

My bad, I also want to know why the registry edits don't work. The drivers are supposed to be found in the registry right?

it was fixed a long time ago, i never had to tweak anything for 1000hz under 8.1.

My bad, I also want to know why the registry edits don't work. The drivers are supposed to be found in the registry right?

IDK the exact reason, but if it would be possible somebody would have done it already.

• 3 months later...

So there is no way I can force my Intellimouse 3.0 from 125 hz to 500 hz on Windows 8.1?

Unfortunately there is no way AFAIK, and due the ESEA ban of unsigned drivers it also seems unlikely that somebody will make the effort now.

Okey, thank you! Is there a big difference between 125 hz and 500 hz for example a game like Counter strike?

Okey, thank you! Is there a big difference between 125 hz and 500 hz for example a game like Counter strike?

Between 125 and 500, yes. 500 and 1000, not so much.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

So, the closest I can get to a 2015 Intellimouse is a Zowie FK?

The Zowie FK1 is really close to it, but I'd say the SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] is pretty much a carbon copy, but with features of modern gaming mice.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

This title just cracked me up

i'm gonna have a bowl of overclocked corn flakes, then watch something on my overclocked tv

I believe you are talking about the polling rate, on my g700 there is an option in LGS but i never seem to feel a difference when i change it, don't know about Microsoft mouses though

Hate to be picky but seeing as you can "overclock" the refresh rate of your monitor, that comment about an Overclocked TV seams kinda possible.

To answer the OP I don't think you can overclock a mouse as such, its specifications are pretty limited out the box, its designed to meet certain standards and it doesn't really go much higher than that. 

That being said I'm sure I've seen bits of software and motherboard features that claim to do run mice at increased polling rates, what those products are called and if they work or not I cannot say as I've never looked into it. 

• 2 months later...

Bumping thread...

Anyway, I was somehow able to disable the driver signature authentication (watermarks disabled) via command prompt and had hidefusb edit the polling rate. Long story short, Windows simply wouldn't recognize the mouse anymore and had to uninstall the modded driver. I guess I'm stuck at 125 Hz for good.