PC Value - Calculator is it possible?

EricX2

I've seen a few threads recently about the value of their PC. Does anybody think it would be possible to make a PC value calculator? Perhaps one already exists?

Either one that queried actual values (eBay or something) or just used estimated values based on original price, age and performance compared to current available hardware?

Just kind of thinking out loud honestly. I sure couldn't make one myself but I know there are a lot of very smart people here.

It's very subjective and there are a TON of components that would need to be covered, not just recent ones like many PSU calculators only include. It's an interesting idea, though.

Also, the aesthetics of the computer will have an impact on the value, which won't be easy to approximate with a calculator.

There are a lot of variables that would be hard to calculate. Also, it really depends on the buyer and what they are looking for/ willing to pay for. It is a cool idea, but I think it would be impractical, and may not be accurate. 

The thing is, different retailers tend to have different prices and hence why this is not so practical. You could always just get a calculator and a part list and add up the cost

gadgetvalue.com has one but its pretty much useless.

You could just go on www.pcpartpicker.com, enter all your parts, and see what it comes down to. Then you could shave a little bit off of the value to make it more of a realistic price to sell it at.

Those are new prices.  You're selling used. Realistically you're gonna be shaving off more than a little bit to hook an actual sale.

a

The thing is, different retailers tend to have different prices and hence why this is not so practical. You could always just get a calculator and a part list and add up the cost

That seems like the best way. Go to ebay, that way you get used prices.