Jittery G700s mouse

SirBobson

A while ago I bought a 2nd hand Logitch g700s from ebay for about £40ish which is like half of its RRP. The seller said that he had bought it thinking it was a left handed mouse. It has preformed great until recently when it has been quite jittery - I can't move the cursor in a straight line and it's getting really annoying. Is it time to get a new mouse?

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

I have a G700s, it has had some jittering as well, but only when I used it on wooden surfaces. What surface do you have under your mouse?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I have a G700s, it has had some jittering as well, but only when I used it on wooden surfaces. What surface do you have under your mouse?

At the moment I am using it on a sheet, but I've used it on this surface before and it was fine I think the problem might be to do with the sensor.

If possible, try to go through RMA with Logitech, they seemed really professional when I RMA'd my G700(memory loss)

Edit:

Derp forgot you bought it off Ebay, check if it has any kind of warranties, or just hope that Logitech will be as nice to you as to me.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

If possible, try to go through RMA with Logitech, they seemed really professional when I RMA'd my G700(memory loss)

Edit:

Derp forgot you bought it off Ebay, check if it has any kind of warranties, or just hope that Logitech will be as nice to you as to me.

Thanks

Let me know how your RMA is going if it gets to that, the worst that can happen is, well that you have to live with jittering, or have to buy a new mouse.

Based on how they treated me though, you should not have any problem. 

Let me know how your RMA is going if it gets to that, the worst that can happen is, well that you have to live with jittering, or have to buy a new mouse.

Based on how they treated me though, you should not have any problem. 

I found out that the g700s was released in 2013 and that it has a 3 year warranty meaning that the mouse can't be out of warranty. Im going to try explaining this to Logitech.

:)

I found out that the g700s was released in 2013 and that it has a 3 year warranty meaning that the mouse can't be out of warranty. Im going to try explaining this to Logitech.

:)

Yes, but I believe you have to somehow prove that you bought it. I am not sure, but if there is a problem, it is going to be with warranty because it was resold. When you bought it off eBay, did he/she include a (reciept I think it is called)?

Yes, but I believe you have to somehow prove that you bought it. I am not sure, but if there is a problem, it is going to be with warranty because it was resold. When you bought it off eBay, did he/she include a (reciept I think it is called)?

Yeh the person gave me a amazon purchase confirmation.

Yeh the person gave me a amazon purchase confirmation.

Logitech would probably want you to ask Amazon for a RMA first. Just like they asked me to do my RMA where my G700 was bought. It should be something like: If (amazon) doesn't replace it, we will take care of it.

Logitech would probably want you to ask Amazon for a RMA first. Just like they asked me to do my RMA where my G700 was bought. It should be something like: If (amazon) doesn't replace it, we will take care of it.

Yeh I believe that in the UK the re seller is required to RMA the products but the manufacturer can as well.

They won't do anything because it's second hand.

Logitech or Amazon?

Logitech or Amazon?

Logitech

And amazon won't refund/rma it either?