960 worth it ?

So i was wondering if I should go for a saphire radeon r7 260x 2gb as this costs 110 € or a 960.

These are my country's prizes for the cards available here.

brand Inno3D ASUS MSI

name GeForce GTX 960 OC 2GB GeForce GTX 960 Strix 2GB GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 2GB

price 226,23 € 239,90 € 239,90 €

EVGA PNY

GeForce GTX 960 SSC 2GB GeForce GTX 960 2GB

247,83 € 315,70 €

I have a g3258 cpu 8gb ram (adding more in the future when needed) a 750m cm psu and a gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

What about 270(x)?

or 750ti?

if you want a decent experience go with the gigabyte 960 and over clock the piss out of it like your CPU 

but for the most part the thing that is going to hold you back most is your CPU

I'd say G3258 and 960 should be a pretty good pairing. The card performs like what it's suppose to perform, so it isn't anything mind blowing like what GTX970 did.

All the hype for the 960, inb4, its in between performance wise and the price isn't that great... well atleast in Canada... $270....

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

What about 270(x)?

or 750ti?

this is the site with these gpu's available in my country.

the 960 was released because of a steam report which shows the 760 was the most popular card among gamers so Nvidia went for it

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

the 960 was released because of a steam report which shows the 760 was the most popular card among gamers so Nvidia went for it

So I shouldn't take it?

if you want a decent experience go with the gigabyte 960 and over clock the piss out of it like your CPU 

but for the most part the thing that is going to hold you back most is your CPU

I know it looks like somewath of a frankenrig as most of it is scavanged. I've build quite the amount of pc for my friends ( I always check on forums if it's a good build) and one of my friends needed a cpu upgrade because he wanted to throw money at his pc so i've put a i7 in it and kept this one.

I know it looks like somewath of a frankenrig as most of it is scavanged. I've build quite the amount of pc for my friends ( I always check on forums if it's a good build) and one of my friends needed a cpu upgrade because he wanted to throw money at his pc so i've put a i7 in it and kept this one.

that's understandable. I would have done the same. Your better off getting a good new i5 though it will last you several years and you wont have any bottle necking issues in the future when you do get a new Graphics Card.

that's understandable. I would have done the same. Your better off getting a good new i5 though it will last you several years and you wont have any bottle necking issues in the future when you do get a new Graphics Card.

The thing is that I don't have a graphixcard at al.

this is the site with these gpu's available in my country.

I would get 750ti any of 2gb versions or 270

The thing is that I don't have a graphixcard at al.

oh i did not realize that. Just grab one of the ones off of the forms for cheap, theirs a 660ti for $120. theirs a 750ti for $80.00 and 560 for $77

and I bet if you do a bit of haggling you could get them for Cheaper.

I also heard that nvidia has horrible drivers for linux, is this true? Maybe I would better go for AMD.

For me no, I'd go with 970 instead.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'd say G3258 and 960 should be a pretty good pairing. The card performs like what it's suppose to perform, so it isn't anything mind blowing like what GTX970 did.

The Pentium is a bottleneck. (Only 2 threads) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I also heard that nvidia has horrible drivers for linux, is this true? Maybe I would better go for AMD.

If you care about only using open source drivers then ATI's are far better. However, if you're willing to use the official closed source drivers Nvidia is the better choice.

The Pentium is a bottleneck. (Only 2 threads) 

Even if it runs at 4.4Ghz?

Even if it runs at 4.4Ghz?

Yes.

The core i3 would have been the better buy because it has 4 threads. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz