Modmic or Blue snowball?

I have about $55 to spend on a new microphone, it will be used mostly for:

recording (no gameplay, maybe game reviews, 3d modeling)

and perhaps occasional guitar recording

There isn't much background noise besides four things;

my pc, its not terribly loud but still

bearded dragon, likes to scratch at glass and tunnel

peripherals, g502 and some crappy rubber dome keyboard

and occasional cat knocking things over

If I use it for youtube the sound will be processed through audacity using these 5 steps:

1. Noise removal

2. Normalize

3. Compress

4. Bass Boost

5. Treble Boost

I think I may have just given info in all the wrong places, but whatever. Just ask if you need more info. Thanks!

mod mic.

Alright, thats what I'm kind of leaning towards, except that its like $10 extra nvm I forgot, muteless is only $43

I would personally go with the snowball. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I would personally go with the snowball. 

Why is that? I saw some reviews just now and apparently you have to be pretty close to it

depends on whether you want it to be on your headset or sitting on the table.

When in doubt, re-format.

depends on whether you want it to be on your headset or sitting on the table.

Right now I'm thinking on my headset would be better

Why is that? I saw some reviews just now and apparently you have to be pretty close to it

Yes you do have to be pretty close to it. if you have it kinda far away like off to the side it will definitely pick up sounds from your keyboard typing and mouse clicks. I have a pretty cheap mic stand that I have clamped to my desk and it works really well because it doesn't take up room and I can get it pretty close to me without it interfering. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Yes you do have to be pretty close to it. if you have it kinda far away like off to the side it will definitely pick up sounds from your keyboard typing and mouse clicks. I have a pretty cheap mic stand that I have clamped to my desk and it works really well because it doesn't take up room and I can get it pretty close to me without it interfering. 

I really don't want the keyboard and mouseclicks. I use a webcam right now with omni and all my friends I skype complain about how it sounds like I'm trying to murder my keyboard

well then you may have answered your question. I always prefer mics attached to my head since they are more consistant, but a desktop may be more convenient if you plan on meing mobile while using it. From what i've seen, between the 2, you are going to get great sound quality at a pretty good cost. BTW. the mute function is an extremely useful add-on to the mod mic that I would definitely recommend if you go for the modmic

When in doubt, re-format.

I really don't want the keyboard and mouseclicks. I use a webcam right now with omni and all my friends I skype complain about how it sounds like I'm trying to murder my keyboard

yeah if you have it off to the side. Like I said I have it on a mic arm and I have green switches, when I am on Skype you can hear them, but it's not too noticeable. 

well then you may have answered your question. I always prefer mics attached to my head since they are more consistant, but a desktop may be more convenient if you plan on meing mobile while using it. From what i've seen, between the 2, you are going to get great sound quality at a pretty good cost. BTW. the mute function is an extremely useful add-on to the mod mic that I would definitely recommend if you go for the modmic

I'm not paying $7 extra when I could just set a mute key in OBS or click the mute icon in skype

ModMic it is then

I own the Snowball and I really enjoy it.  I often get complimented by random people online that my sound quality is so clear and crisp.

I have heard from those with mechanical keyboards that the clickity clack does get picked up if you have blue switches.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I own the Snowball and I really enjoy it.  I often get complimented by random people online that my sound quality is so clear and crisp.

I have heard from those with mechanical keyboards that the clickity clack does get picked up if you have blue switches.

As a Snowball owner and owner of an MX Blue keyboard, I can confirm that people can hear the clickity clack of my keyboard.

OP: IMHO, it depends. The Blue Snowball will sound better than the mod mic, but it will pick up the sound of your keyboard. The Mod Mic will sound worse overall, but will pick up less of your keyboard sound. Personally, for your use case, I would go with the Mod Mic.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB