Will it fit in the hole?

So Here's my question. I'm planning on getting an MSI GTX 970 GPU, but I'm concerned the USB3 Port (Directly Left of the 3 slot) will interfere with the length of the card. The front USB3 header i have on this case is a thick and tall plug/cord so bending it will be almost impossible. Can anyone with some video card knowledge and/or an actual MSI 970 tell me if this will be an issue? I've never had a discreet GPU so i have n idea if the shroud on this thing will interfere. Thanks in advance!post-186618-0-06309900-1421879407_thumb.post-186618-0-68569400-1421879411.jpg

I don't think so. PCBs are flat. The cooler will hang when the graphics card is installed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

TWSS

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Can always consider one of these if you don't feel like hunting for a new motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162025

What does  a USB adapter have to do with his video card clearance?

With my small amount of knowledge, I do not think it will be an issue.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

I don't think so. PCBs are flat. The cooler will hang when the graphics card is installed.

Great, thanks. I haven't been able to see/hold one in person, so I didn't know if the shroud would wrap above the pcb or not.

Can always consider one of these if you don't feel like hunting for a new motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162025

Well, ain't that handy? I'll keep that in mind should something go wrong

What does  a USB adapter have to do with his video card clearance?

With my small amount of knowledge, I do not think it will be an issue.

If it doesn't fit with the card installed, they can just use the USB 2.0 header near the bottom instead of not having front panel USB?

Great, thanks. I haven't been able to see/hold one in person, so I didn't know if the shroud would wrap above the pcb or not.

Well, ain't that handy? I'll keep that in mind should something go wrong

Would you like me to take a picture of what it would look like? I have a spare dead card I can take a picture of.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It'll be fine. Always remember: the pcb of the card never goes above the physical PCIE slot, only below it.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH